Conflict avoidance at Team Sky

rayjay
rayjay Posts: 1,384
edited January 2014 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert ... t-team-sky

good article By Mr Millar.

I think Wiggo will go into the tour and grab any chance he can get to put time into Froome.

He his not a team player IMO.

Comments

• Still really surprised Wiggins is still at Sky.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    rayjay wrote:
    I think Wiggo will go into the tour and grab any chance he can get to put time into Froome.

He's only capable of doing that in the TT though

Unless a crash or

wait for it

ECHELONS!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2014
    I do wonder what Ms Cound would say if at this years Tour Froome has a bad patch and Wiggins rides 20yds in front while looking back and waving. Oh wait I know what she would say, something along the lines of Wiggo being loyal :lol:

Cant see Sir Brad getting fined for going back to the car to get Froome a gel, can you?

Would love to see them working together to secure another win, just can't see it.

[Edit] Just on the off chance you are lurking Brad, if you do get the chance and Chris starts to struggle can you please ride 20yds in front of him looking back and waving him forward. I confidently predict the IFP would go into metdown! [Edit]
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • rayjay
    That's what I think. Wiggins may just get a chance or 2 and with is TT he could scratch out enough time to hang on.

What does DB do if he does get in a break and Froome is caught out.

Will Wiggo be asked to slow down? I doubt he will, I hope he doesn't, it could end up being a titanic Sky battle.

I never thought I would say that :lol:

It could be compelling stuff.
  • The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 161
    rayjay wrote:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert-millar/conflict-avoidance-at-team-sky

That's a bit like Armstrong thinking he could beat Contador in the 2009 tour. Not going to happen.
  • Be interesting to see if the team went full La Vie Claire too... Who fell into which camp. Could either of them realistically call in favours from any other team/riders on the road?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    rayjay wrote:

Will Wiggo be asked to slow down? I doubt he will, I hope he doesn't, it could end up being a titanic Sky battle.
    There are going to be other teams in this race, aren't there?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 161
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

There are going to be other teams in this race, aren't there?

Only on paper.
  • rayjay
    No it's just Sky. :lol:
    Everyone else seems to have runaway except Contador.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    rayjay wrote:
    No it's just Sky. :lol:
    Everyone else seems to have runaway except Contador.

Er.....Nibali?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rayjay
    Forgot about Nibali. Good call.

Still, it could be good if we get some Wiggo , Froome drama.
  • The Truth wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert-millar/conflict-avoidance-at-team-sky

That's a bit like Armstrong thinking he could beat Contador in the 2009 tour. Not going to happen.

I agree.
    Best he can hope for is Plan B, if the usual, first week mayhem strikes down Plan A.
    Other than that, tight leash.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    The Truth wrote:
    Not going to happen.

I agree with The Truth. It's unlikely that Wiggins is going to get back to 2012 climbing shape, but a TT-targeted/lumpy stage insurance policy is a nice weapon. And he can ride the Tour as preparation for 2015 PR. I'll be mighty impressed if his ego permits this scenario.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    It might rain tho' ;)
  • LutherB wrote:
    It might rain tho' ;)

Now now, he descended fine in the rain at the ToB...as ever, it's down to where his head is
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    LutherB wrote:
    It might rain tho' ;)

Now now, he descended fine in the rain at the ToB...as ever, it's down to where his head is

Just teasin' RR :)
  • LutherB wrote:
    LutherB wrote:
    It might rain tho' ;)

Just teasin' RR :)

:wink:
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    LutherB wrote:
    It might rain tho' ;)

Knight of the Realm, pfft ... He couldn't pull his head out his ass far less a sword out of stone ...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    far less a sword out of stone ...
    It's Kings that pull swords out of stones, not knights.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    And now Wiggo has a royal beard. By default anything he does now will be EPIC!
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    RichN95 wrote:

I know, but it went with 'head up his ass' ...
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    If he rides, this will be the Tour we find out exactly what sort of "natural" talent Contador actually has. :wink:

I don't think he will be on the podium in Paris. Froome to win, Wiggins, If he rides, to drop out after the first TT.
  • RichN95 wrote:

I know, but it went with 'head up his ass' ...

Might actually be easier to pull the sword from the stone..........

head-up-ass.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Well done folks for contributing to yet another BS thread full of bickering, waste of time posting and needless argument.

You dont even have an excuse about there not being any racing.

The irony too is in the 'off-season' you justified your actions by saying there was no racing then when it comes along I see very few of you posting very few times...this lends weight to the need to have a separate part of the forum where you can bang your heads together without annoying those who are interesting in Pro Racing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon

Might actually be easier to pull the sword from the stone..........

Thanks Saddles. Been looking for that specific pic for ages. Been around since early days of net that one.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Well done folks for contributing to yet another BS thread full of bickering, waste of time posting and needless argument.

The irony too is in the 'off-season' you justified your actions by saying there was no racing then when it comes along I see very few of you posting very few times...this lends weight to the need to have a separate part of the forum where you can bang your heads together without annoying those who are interesting in Pro Racing.

Didn't notice a great deal of bickering there FF. This was a race thread, given that it's about how and if Froome and Wiggins could ride together at the Tour.

The racing hasn't really come along yet anyway, we've had a couple of chippers, one of which it was near impossible to get anything much of and the other was in the middle of the night anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    mike6 wrote:
    Froome to win, Wiggins, If he rides, to drop out after the first TT.

Given the one and only TT is on the penultimate day that would be the ultimate "f*ck off" to pull out at that point.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited January 2014

The real irony is that someone was hard at work, trolling the first major race of the season.

On the contrary, very little bickering, here. Mostly agreement.
  • rayjay
    phil s wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Froome to win, Wiggins, If he rides, to drop out after the first TT.

Given the one and only TT is on the penultimate day that would be the ultimate "f*ck off" to pull out at that point.

If Froome has won the tour after the TT, I can't Wiggo being very keen to share a glass on the way to Paris.
  • Macaloon
    rayjay wrote:
    If Froome has won the tour after the TT, I can't Wiggo being very keen to share a glass on the way to Paris.

If Wiggo makes it that far, there's no way he'll miss the theatre of a former Tour winner leading the defending champion onto Champs Elysee, or the very valuable pictures.