Too much Rule 9 = kit replacement - advice?

vermin
vermin Posts: 1,739
edited January 2014 in Commuting chat
Came a cropper descending the Horseshoe at speed in the hail yesterday. Need to replace lots of stuff that got wrecked. I mostly landed on my face, but I can't buy a new one of those. I can, however, hopefully replace my kit. Bike's looking a bit beat-up too.

I could spend the day trawling through the bargains thread, but my face hurts too much. So where are the deals on replacements (or equivalent products) for the following bits:

Castelli nanoflex tights
Polaris Venom jersey
Sportful no-rain arm-warmers
Santini 365 transparent jacket
Endura road overshoes

Bike goes into the shop tomorrow for assessment. If it's bad, then new-for-old policy = £3k, so poss new bike needed too (which would prob mean another Foil or a Canyon).

Comments

• Would you like us to make you a cup of tea and a slice if toast while we do the research for you, too ;)

Glad you're ok!
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    You have my respect for trashing all that kit in one go.

Heal up soon.

There is an extra 12% off at Ribble which should sort you out for kit.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    And an extra 10% off the CRC January Sale until Wednesday, if that helps.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Wiggle have £15 off when you spend £100 or £40 when you spend £200 on clothes etc.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope the bike survives the assessment. Can't help with pricing on stuff can only offer hilarious sympathy along the lines of at least it was only your face, well you couldn't get any uglier, etc, etc.
    Seriously though, hope you're ok.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    vermin wrote:
    Came a cropper descending the Horseshoe at speed in the hail yesterday. Need to replace lots of stuff that got wrecked. I mostly landed on my face, but I can't buy a new one of those. I can, however, hopefully replace my kit. Bike's looking a bit beat-up too.

I could spend the day trawling through the bargains thread, but my face hurts too much. So where are the deals on replacements (or equivalent products) for the following bits:

Castelli nanoflex tights
    Polaris Venom jersey
    Endura road overshoes

Bike goes into the shop tomorrow for assessment. If it's bad, then new-for-old policy = £3k, so poss new bike needed too (which would prob mean another Foil or a Canyon).

There is an iphone app called 'frugal' which is perfect for this. For example, it shows:

Castelli nanoflex bibs:
    Wiggle, £85
    CRC: £110
    Evans: £109.99
    PBK: £99.99
    Insert bike here:
  • vermin wrote:

Castelli nanoflex tights
    Polaris Venom jersey
    Endura road overshoes

Ooh that sounds unpleasant!

Hopefully mostly the bike than you?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Pics or it didnt happen, you knows the ruleZ

speedy recovery & happy shopping :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.