Which sworks venge to get limited edition or Satin black?

Kylabr88
Kylabr88 Posts: 35
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
After months of going back and fourth about either getting a pinarello dogma or a specialized venge I've finally decided on a venge because everyone seems to have pinarello bikes these days.Need to make a decision very quickly got the opportunity to purchase the last 52cm sworks venge in either a satin black/red or cavendish limted edition.everywhere in the UK has sold out for months so going to have to get it abroad the shop is keeping me 1 of each colour until this week.
What do you all think

Comments

• Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Not a fan of green, red & black all the way for my money (just make sure your post pics here).
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Cav frame for me.

Seen one in the flesh and its a stonker.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • I've seen the cav frame in the flesh and it looks amazing,I'm just tired of forking out £££ and then you turn up at a race and everyone has got the same bike.Thats why I sold my dogma
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Satin black looks amazing. That's what I'd have if budget allowed.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Pics of both needed,Then set up a poll and let the good folks on here decide your fate if your that torn between the two.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • reme-luke
    reme-luke Posts: 122
    Cav frame for me.
  • just my opinion, but neither...get something other than a Pinarello or a Spesh.....they're everywhere! :roll:
  • Cav frame for myself, 'tis a beauty!
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Cav frame - no brainer based on Ltd edition.
  • Black and red for me please.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    You've decided on a Venge because Dogma's are everywhere :?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I never see any pinarellos where I am (Not enough rich banking types here)

As for the colour choice, Cav all the way, it looks great in the flesh/carbon. You can even get the matching sunglasses.
  • Well I used to have one of the first dogmas in Birmingham,now that there is a pinarello shop in town 80% of people on the roads have dogmas
    There's only 32 cavendish edition in the UK
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Blimey, looks like I will have to work in Birmingham if everyone can afford Pinarellos up there!
  • I meant pinarellos,since pinarello concept store opened in bham and the shop owner does the local club run everyone seems to be on a pinarello of some sort
  • Cav frame. Saw one a few months back and the green metallic really stands out in the sun.
  • philw80
    philw80 Posts: 436
    Wager are you getting the cav frame in a 52 from, if you don't mind me asking, cos I'm trying hard to find one, but doesn't seem to be any in the uk
  • Trying to get it abroad,30 phone calls to every international Specialized shop,you've really got to just phone around New Zealand,Australia got 2 left and there is possibly 2 left in Europe.will know 100% to tomorrow
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    As above, Venges are more common than Pinarellos IME. Get something really unique like a custom frame.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The Venge can look bad if the stem isn't slammed, mary poppins positions look wrong on it, so as long as it fits pretty much slammed it will look ok. The Dogmuck will look bad regardless of spacers and only people with a lack of taste really like the look of them anyway.

The Cav finish is the best looking Venge finish I think, it's a shame it has any mention of Cav on it though as the colour scheme is quite nice (not against Cav, just against any bike with a rider's name on it, crap idea, it is bit like getting a Jamie Oliver food blender, tacky branding).
  • caad8
    caad8 Posts: 51
    I would say its your money and buy what you want. And you should have posted in 'Road Buying Advice' you currently have neither :wink: