Bearing size for Fulcrum Red Metal 5

malayneum
malayneum Posts: 18
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
i have broken my cassette holder bearing. unfortunately since i have thrown it away i am unable to sample it to a local bearing shop. my country fulcrum distributor is too slow and ordering from neighboring country is too costly. so i dont mind using third party bearing. i doubt SKF provide the specs for red metal metal 5 but i might as well try my luck anyway. i am looking for the size and dimension of the bearing so i can sample it to the local bearing shop. does anyone the size? below is the sample picture of the item that im talking about. sorry for my english.thanks.

1382801078.jpg

Comments

• miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    I don't know the size of the bearings but you can measure parts of the hub to get the dimensions.. Measure the inside of the hub where the bearings sit, that will give you the outer diameter of the bearing, then measure the thickness of the axle where the bearing goes, that will give you the inner diameter of the bearing... Take those measurements to your bearing shop or use simplybearings.co.uk to get the bearing code.
  • kja
    kja Posts: 259
    From memory the wheel hub bearings are 6804 which should be easy to get hold of. The bigger bearings in the Freehub are a stupid bespoke size only available from fulcrum.