Bike in a Box - Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DI2

rgasuk
rgasuk Posts: 89
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
Hi, thought I'd share with you all my new ride, been after a Canyon for a while now and was originally set on the slx di2 2014 with newer shimano. The wait was to long, and after having a go on a mates CF SL, I went down that route. The next day I ordered a 9.0 SL with aero wheels and ultegra, which was listed in stock . A day later I get my confirmation email and it says middle of April delivery :cry: . I then found an slx di2 on the outlet shop in my size and its the same as the 2014 frame, just original DI2 and £700 cheaper , boom I bought it and cancelled the SL . I live the hilliest place in the world so the aero wheels would of been wasted on me, I already have a set of kysruim elites so that's a set for fleabay :twisted: .

Enough rambling here is my step by step un boxing to riding . Have to say service was great, had email Tuesday night to say it's packed , on we'd it was in UPS hands and in Germany . Thursday morning I get a call " I'm en route with your parcel " . Hats of for that indeed.

ubyz.jpg
mmd9.jpg
3ojb.jpg
l814.jpg
75yc.jpg
eztc.jpg
xe8j.jpg
70go.jpg
7ztr.jpg
Road - Scott solace .
Training - giant xtc 1
Mtb - Yt Capra pro
Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance

Comments

• Very Nice..especially since they stopped writing "canyon" on every available inch of frame :lol:
  • Yeah, looks well enough.
    You sure the chain isn't a wee bit short? That gear combo in the last pic shouldn't really be used imo.
    Anyway........I do like Canyons.....more and more....
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Lovely looking bike!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    PLEASE don't use that gear. Big ring and small sprocket for photos, and never use big-big or small-small.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    top drawer!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rgasuk
    PLEASE don't use that gear. Big ring and small sprocket for photos, and never use big-big or small-small.

i do because i can , hey my saddles level tho :roll:
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Yeah, but your bars are pointing way up.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Nice bike, but as Declan1 says, don't peddle in big-big or small-small, even if you can, you'll prematurely wear out your drive train.
  • xdoc wrote:
    Nice bike, but as Declan1 says, don't peddle in big-big or small-small, even if you can, you'll prematurely wear out your drive train.

Absolute codswallop.

Nice bike, need to sort that stem out though.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Looked good, does look a little sit up and beg with the stem though. Also what pedals are they, not keen.

My CF SL 9.0 arrives in April, I look forward to seeing the postman with my box!
  • rgasuk
    as i only got it today and have road 0.3k, havnt had time to set it up, myb i should of put in detail above , pedals are what was lying in my garage and will do till i get some i want .stem is flipped as i find this comfy due to my spinal injury , bars do need altered,chain is whre it is as i was testing the di2 ( but myb i should of read the forums and seen that wrong chaing rings is bad for pictures :) ) but when u get a xmas prezzie in january all u wanna do is put it together and have a ride. with more time ill set it up to suit me better .

Thanks for the kind words .

look forward to seeing the cf sl 9.0
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
  • bigaac
    bigaac Posts: 72
    Got the same bike (although in black). you'll love it. The Di2 was a game changer for me. Just need more sun and dryer roads so i can get back out on it!!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    cool 8) 8)
  • Looks nice mate, must get out for a ride some time soon.

I wonder if there is much difference in weight between my poor mans CF SL and your SLX?

Pity the weather is Rain all weekend :-(
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Looks nice mate, must get out for a ride some time soon.

I wonder if there is much difference in weight between my poor mans CF SL and your SLX?

Pity the weather is Rain all weekend :-(

The weights are quoted on website.
  • xdoc wrote:
    Nice bike, but as Declan1 says, don't peddle in big-big or small-small, even if you can, you'll prematurely wear out your drive train.

Absolute codswallop.

Nice bike, need to sort that stem out though.

that didn't bother me but clamping the bike using the top tube did! That's what seatposts are for.

And yes a lovely bike.
  • rgasuk
    edited April 2014
    imagejpg6.jpg

So had the bike a few month now and getting used to it . May not be the perfect picture but I got caught out by the rain mid grand fondo . Put some ultegra 6800 pedals on, continental grand prixs 25mm . Will be changing saddle and bar tape in the future and when I have funds add some new wheels .

Comfort wise for those that's been asking, it's great, biased I know but with having chronic disc problems in my back it's made a real difference compared to my trek . I'm running a shorter stem 100mm and at first found it twitchy, after a few hundred miles I'm getting used to the feel and will be installing the 120mm in the future . Spent 7 hours in the saddle ( hence the awful saddle bag ) and I felt like it had been 2 hours . Got a few sportives coming up, and looking forward to testing the bike and myself further .

Regards 8)
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Good to hear about comfort wise, lovely looking bike, stem and all!
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    xdoc wrote:

Absolute codswallop. quote]

Yup - agree: absolute bollox.

Ok don't ride for 2000 miles with it in big/big or small/small but short bursts is no problem at all.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    declan1 wrote:

Tosh.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.