Trek Fuel EX7

echowitch
echowitch Posts: 196
edited January 2014 in Your mountain bikes
My first full-susser. I've replaced the stem and handlebars with Nukeproof Warhead 60mm stem and 760mm flat bars. But tbh I am not liking the bars so I've just bought the same bars but in a 20mm riser.

Saint pedals (had to remove all of the pins and take the washers out then put the pins back in to get the grip on the pins right.)

I am looking to replace the 3x10 chainset with a full Shimano Zee 1x10 and Chain guide. Other than that I think it is perfect :D

20130803_094236_zps134c3137.jpg

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Nice. I nearly bought one of those recently (in the same lovely white/black - looks great in that colour).
  • Ace bikes aren't they? Had my 2013 EX8 for about a month now, and loving it. Brilliant suspension and good kit. Makes me ride much faster than is sensible.

The Ragley is feeling a little unloved at the moment :)
    Trek EX8
    Ragley Piglet
    Maverick Species I
  • echowitch
    LOL yes I have been hammering Swinley Forest's trails with this far harder than my 29er. The handlebars put me in a position where I feel too far over so I hold back a bit when I am sure I can go a bit faster, a bit harder, especially on Red 25's downhill section.
  • Great looking bike...Enjoy....
    2007 Trek 1000T
    2010 Cervelo RS
    2010 Trek EX5
  • LeeJay
    LeeJay Posts: 25
    I bought the ex6, as the 7 was just out of budget. Wish I had found the extra and got the 7 now, looks lovely!
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    nice bike, i like that your keeping it next to your desk at work lol
  • neilrosser
    neilrosser Posts: 236
    Great bikes, love my 8 :D
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • echowitch
    I've replaced the flat bars with risers of the same make and size. TOTALLY changes the bike for the better :D I hammered the living daylights out of Swinley last night, powered up climbs, stormed down the slopes. Great fun :)
  • I have the same bike and love it. I have put a renthal fatbar lite, odi ruffian grips, easton havoc stem 65mm, dmr v12 pedals, specialized phenom pro saddle. And next I want to get a fox doss dropper and some maxxis high roller 2s. I
  • Lovely looking bike, I like the colour scheme.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    echowitch wrote:
    LOL yes I have been hammering Swinley Forest's trails with this far harder than my 29er. The handlebars put me in a position where I feel too far over so I hold back a bit when I am sure I can go a bit faster, a bit harder, especially on Red 25's downhill section.
    Red 25 section is awesome :D so many Gs at that big berm :D nice bike