Newport - st julians park

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited January 2014 in Routes
Hey guys,

No idea if any of the Newport boys post in here much now, But i have been advised that there are a bunch of light DH style trails running through St Julians park and wondered if anyone knew about these?

Cheers

Comments

• oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Can't say I knew anything about them when I was living there. I mainly rode in Slade Woods in Rogiet. Not so much DH but really fun trails and a decent amount of riding to be done.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Do you mean Beechwood Park? (The one that runs from Christchurch Road down to Chepstow Road.)

Or, more likely, St. Julian's Wood, from the car park / scenic view on Christchurch Road down to Caerleon Road?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    JBA wrote:
    Do you mean Beechwood Park? (The one that runs from Christchurch Road down to Chepstow Road.)

Or, more likely, St. Julian's Wood, from the car park / scenic view on Christchurch Road down to Caerleon Road?

yeah I reckon he means that one. the one where they put the fence and gate at the bottom to stop the mx bikes going in there?
  • Thewaylander
    I think so, big pile of tree's that goes on a way i can see from my window...
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Google Maps calls it St. Julian's Park. Do a search and you'll see it.

Thewaylander - if you live in St. Julian's then you should be able to access the woods via one of the roads off Munning's Drive.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thewaylander
    Indeed it does,

Anything in there though that we know of? i cant really check at the moment, my shoulder is mildly ruined at the moment?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Use your legs and just walk there? :wink:
  • Thewaylander
    Will do at some point, managed toput my back out a bit last week too.. damn im getting old.