picked up new bike yesterday!

Bingham
Bingham Posts: 8
edited January 2014 in Your mountain bikes
20140118_142651.jpg
20140118_150407.jpg
20140118_153111.jpg

Picked the new bike yesterday! am so happy with it and really happy with the customer service at Evans cycles in lakeside!

Went out for a quick blast doing a few laps around the local bmx track and a little route back to my house for about 40 mins yesterday and allround with the bike i was really impressed! only downside is the saddle is a little hard so feel i may be investing in a new one in the future. Also realised just how unfit i am ! was absolutely shattered at the end of it.

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Upside down bike? Mid trick photo?
  • ?? pictures look ok on my computer :S
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Bmx track is still upside down to me.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    mcnultycop wrote:

Looks fine here - are you in Australia?
  • L3BIUS
    L3BIUS Posts: 91
    Upside down to me as well.. Bikes looking sweet, and the bike park looks fun!
    The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Right way up. Nice bike.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Track upside down for me! Bike looks good, don't worry about the saddle, you will get used to it
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mcnultycop wrote:

Looks fine here - are you in Australia?

Oldham definitely ain't Australia :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Right way up for me......

Bike looks good, just too clean!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • weird that the pictures different for different people lol . thanks for the replies guys. cant get used to the saddle so have been advised to get some padded shorts. so will be doing that and trying them out.
  • Track pic is the right way up for me :shock:
  • Probably best stick with the saddle , if you have done no or little riding it's bound to be uncomfortable but getting a Extra wide saddle will help little in the long run, get some good quality padded shorts , wear some Lycra ones under some baggys and make sure you have the saddle adjusted correctly , the saddle should be flat and the height just enough to stop your knees locking out when the pedals are at the bottom . In terms of height 5 mm makes a big difference so take your time and get it right.
    Good idea to put a mark on the seat post so you get the same setting if you take the post out sometime