Ride Magazine - UK edition

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2014 in Pro race
Many people taken a peek yet?

It's quite pricey (£7.95) but only quarterly. I quite liked the first issue - Excellent read on Danilo Di Luca even if you don't agree with the content (Herbie Sykes - can't really go wrong)

I've also got a copy of Peloton sitting there to read.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    I have a few old copies from 2010 - classics review etc. first class bike reviews and when there's some racing to write about some first class writing. There's some real love for the sport behind this mag I think, which makes it worth getting.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,870
    Where did you buy both Ride & Peloton?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Ride UK now has an app available so you can download it to Newsstand if you use iPad. Price seemed good per issue too.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    May check this one out. Peloton however I wouldnt recommend...some very nice photos on occasion but content is thin and there are a huge amount of adverts in this US publication. I got it online for a year though so maybe different in print but I doubt it. The good thing online is you can easily navigate to back issues...and for some reason continue reading all the new issues even after you unsubscribe.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I'm with you there, A4 formatted pages on a wide screen computer monitor are a pain in the backside. Also I don't want to turn the computer on to read a mag.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I'm with you there, A4 formatted pages on a wide screen computer monitor are a pain in the backside. Also I don't want to turn the computer on to read a mag.

That's where a tablet comes in handy ... Except that the magazine content becomes even more throwaway when you have more current content available on the same device ...

Magazines need to work hard to fight for attention in this day and age ... Without exclusive content they will die ... For example, why pay £5 for Pro Cycling when you can get the full digital edition for <£2?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,870
    Paul 8v wrote:

That's where a tablet comes in handy ... Except that the magazine content becomes even more throwaway when you have more current content available on the same device ...

Magazines need to work hard to fight for attention in this day and age ... Without exclusive content they will die ... For example, why pay £5 for Pro Cycling when you can get the full digital edition for <£2?

"cos I like the glossy pictures and I read it in bed when I don't want to stare at a bright screen.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

"cos I like the glossy pictures and I read it in bed when I don't want to stare at a bright screen.

Yep. I'm with you on that one. I prefer reading books on a Kindle, but I just don't like reading magazines on an iPad. Did a sub to Procycling and I basically ended up not reading 'em.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Deleted. It works ok. :oops:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • I thought the magazine was excellent. Nice balance of articles and kit/tests. Sure it's expensive but it's not monthly and £8 is better value than almost all of the £5 monthy UK based magazines.
  • Yeah really enjoyed it.

Good articles and nice reviews of shiny things.
  • raymond82
    raymond82 Posts: 330
    I'm quite curious about the di Luca interview now, can anyone point me to the right journal in Newsstand? I find Ride magazine about motorcycles and a Ride Magazine from SA but not a UK one...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,169
    raymond82 wrote:
    I'm quite curious about the di Luca interview now, can anyone point me to the right journal in Newsstand? I find Ride magazine about motorcycles and a Ride Magazine from SA but not a UK one...
    This is what it looks like:

large_1.jpg
    It's published by Magzter
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • raymond82
    raymond82 Posts: 330
    RichN95 wrote:
    This is what it looks like:

large_1.jpg
    It's published by Magzter

Thanks, I found it! It's listed as Ride Cycling Review UK edition, I probably should have been able to spot it....
  • Lots still in our local WH Smith... if you live in Peterborough.

Love it so much might get full kit*

Ride_Kit-350x350.jpg

*or not.