Well That's very Disapointing !

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited January 2014 in MTB general
Hi All

First time ordering off Chain Reaction, needed some stuff for this weekends ride, no problem got 6 days to get here and they say 2-3 days, I had no order confirmation email off them so gave them a call all's well everything in stock, wait three days still nothing email them twice, they say sorry we will look into it, no reply so ring them this morning and it hasn't even been posted as yet, again fella on the phone very sorry will get someone to look into it as everything is in stock, thought I would give them another call to see if it's sorted and being sent out straight away so hopefully it would get here tomorrow, very sorry he says but I'm not 100% sure if my order will even be posted out to day, but everything should be back to normal mid next week :(

Not happy are they usually better than this, everyone else I have used had been amazing on the postal front

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Recently I've been getting bike stuff quicker from Bike-Discount.de than I have from CRC, or Merlin if ordering from a UK store. I still like CRC and they still provide a good service, but I just won't be using them for anything urgent any more.

Another topic on CRC: viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12954450
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I blame Wiggle.

Obviously.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Their standards have fallen recently.

I placed an order in early January which took a week to arrive and then there was a part missing so I phoned them and they were very apologetic, said they'd send out the missing part, again it took a week to arrive (yesterday) and it was the wrong part, called them this morning and again very apologetic, we agreed what the right part is so now we'll see how long this takes to arrive :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I'm based in Germany so ze Germans are obviously quicker but was happy with http://www.bike-mailorder.de/ this week, ordered 4pm, email to say it's dispatched an hour later and arrived 3pm the next day, was only a MuckyNutz Bender Fender but still pretty awesome.

Also pleased with service from http://www.wecycle.de/ bought a Mavic Echappee jacket from them in September 13 that developed a rip in the seam, told me to send it back and I had a new one in my hand in a couple f days.

P0avHGd.jpg
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    Hi All

Wish I had asked the question now what is CR service like :)

Citzenlee how long does stuff take to come from Bike-Discount.de and what's the p&p like, never really thought of ordering from the EU.

Mind the other side of the coin I ordered a underseat tool kit from Tredz in south Wales early December and developed a fault, emailed them yes no problem send it back and we will send you another one, I explained to them that I needed it for this weekend, so they told me to take a few pics for them to look at and then send it back with their free postage, so did that at 4.30pm yesterday 9am this morning I had a new one :D but unless CR get their arse in gear and get my stuff to me by tomorrow morning looks like Tredz good work was a waste of time :(
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Chain reaction have always been good with me, usually dispatch same or next day. My order last week took an extra day over normal but still fairly quick and they've been cheaper than merlin recently who I normally use.
  • raldat
    raldat Posts: 242
    CRC tend to be a little slower than others in my experience. Always reliable in my experience though even if a little slow. I had 1 warranty issue with the that they handled quickly and without issue and that keeps me coming back. I order from ze Germans as well. Quicker, but I have never tested their warranty system. If it is urgent, I have learned to buy from the LBS.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    CRC have always been fast for me. All but one of my orders has been delivered next working day.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Ordered something on December 14th, arrived January 6th, had payed extra for fast delivery :p
  • Kowalski675
    Placed an order around 4am this morning and it was despatched same day. Can't complain at that.
  • Bike-Discount are good, as are bike24 and actionsports but it usually takes 3+ days for the bits to arrive after dispatch. Also it can cost for the p&p unless you order quite a bit of stuff.

I use Merlin a fair bit and always get stuff the next day, if I use CRC I factor in it will take 2-3 days for stuff to arrive. Wiggle are always quick to send stuff but sadly not that cheap for most things.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cqc wrote:
    Ordered something on December 14th, arrived January 6th, had payed extra for fast delivery :p
    One assumes you asked for that extra back?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Kowalski675
    Received the item today that I ordered yesterday, and it's now already on its way back to CRC, lol...
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I have no problems with CRC, everything always turns up in a giant box that's mostly empty.

Now Collect+ are completely different, last thing I sent back was found in the fruit and veg section of Clacton Tesco.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Soggz
    Soggz Posts: 221
    Chain Reaction are rubbish!...after countless phone calls,we ended up going to Jewsons for one for our downstairs toilet!
  • Kowalski675
    Now Collect+ are completely different, last thing I sent back was found in the fruit and veg section of Clacton Tesco.

:shock: Hope mine don't end up there...