Careful riding in the dark!

roadbikesunite
roadbikesunite Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Road beginners
For those of you who are relatively new to riding at night time please read my blog as it could save you from a serious accident -http://roadbikesunite.blogspot.co.uk

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    The blue text is an eye burner
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    That is horrible. Choose some sensible fonts, colours and backgrounds and I might grace your site with a visit.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    So the guy wasn't looking where he was going and rode into something?

Commiserations on the injuries and all that but do me a favour.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • DesWeller wrote:
    So the guy wasn't looking where he was going and rode into something?

Commiserations on the injuries and all that but do me a favour.
    I agree. If the guy wasn't looking where he was going it's irrelevant whether it was dark or not! Anyway the story doesn't add up. If the passer by needed to give CPR the guy must have been dead from a serious head injury. This all just seems to be to get people to sign up for spam.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Can this thread be renamed to "nothing to do with cycling, just use some common sense in life."
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    skip-hire-alternative.jpg

Skips - Just Say No.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What an eedjit.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I'm sorry, but cycling 'blind' by putting your head down / ineffective bike lights was asking for trouble - you should only PEDAL as fast as you can safely see/stop.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    reading that blog,makes me feel i've had a serious accident!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • 1/10 worst website ever.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I never realised that looking where you're going prevents accidents! Great blog - that's a really useful tip, thanks.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    So basically him wearing high vis would have stopped him smashing into a skip......
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    To be fair, skips are meant to be lit at night and many are not. That said, if you're not looking, it'll make sod all difference.

Only children write, or highlight text, in primary colours - it's horrible. So, I have only scanned what was readable before my eyes gave up.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Before going to the blog you may consider that my reading of the entire "decals" thread was time better spent.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What I liked is the bit where it said he'd been riding the same route for years - so he knew every hazard.

I've been down the stairs at home millions of times - I still look where I'm going though.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    I stopped to check on a bloke in the summer who seemed to have been going hell for leather down a popular strava section and not spotted a couple of large bollards in the cycle lane on the road. He was in a right old state at the side of the road and hadn't a clue what had happened to him. Always good form to look where you're going.