Specialized Roubaix

ry1978
ry1978 Posts: 166
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
I've decided to get back into some road riding so picked this up in the sales after Christmas...
IMG_0663_zps1ec0d0d8.jpg

I'm still getting used to it so not fully settled on the set up etc but as my first venture into the world of carbon I'm very happy :D
Specialized Roubaix
Cannondale F900 SL
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR120

Comments

• ry1978
    This photo was taken after I got it home from the LBS so it was pointing down a bit to start with, I'm currently experimenting with seat and bars to get the perfect set up for my riding.
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Nice looking bike and what I am looking at getting eventually but need disc brakes due to my massive muscular frame (Warning midlife crisis delusion and Christmas padding).

Best to start with a level saddle and use KOPS to get it close to the correct position. You can then adjust as needed to suit your needs. One tip is make sure you do it on a flat surface. I set my saddle level on a slope and when I got onto flat ground it was pointing up too much.
  • matig0l
    matig0l Posts: 37
    The frame is deeply unatttractive. To my eyes anyway.

Sorry to be negative.

#IfYouveGotNothingNiceToSayThenSayNothingAtAll
  • My bud just got the same bike, and it's a great bit of kit. Very comfy and in my eyes very good looking
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    matig0l wrote:
    The frame is deeply unatttractive. To my eyes anyway.

Sorry to be negative.

#IfYouveGotNothingNiceToSayThenSayNothingAtAll

Yeah well De Rosa never set my heart on fire either :?
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • very nice

what spec is it? any upgrade plans

ride a roubaix aswell & love it

enjoy :D
  • ry1978
    Thanks, It's a 2013 model with FACT Carbon frame and mostly Shimano Sora components. I got a great deal (virtually 1/2 price) in the January sales so will be a long term project which I will upgrade over time as the standard of my riding improves and parts wear out.

I have been really impressed with the ride so far, much more comfortable than my only other road bike experience which was an alloy trek 1.7.
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Yeh, it does look absolutely dreaful. Although if you enjoy riding it, then don't worry!
  • What is this dreadful look stuff? I think it looks fine.

But then I think Colnagos are ugly. Horrible font and clunky frames.

Each to his own.

I would change the wheels. Big weight saving and I use my old ones on the turbo.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    What is this dreadful look stuff? I think it looks fine.

But then I think Colnagos are ugly. Horrible font and clunky frames.

Each to his own.

I would change the wheels. Big weight saving and I use my old ones on the turbo.

Huge head tube (its nearly as long as the forks ffs!), strange swooping top tube, odd kinks in the seat stays, messy cables, loads of stem spacers, saddle not level, stem pointing upwards, bars about as high as the saddle, chain not in the big ring :D

Need I go on!

There's a thread at the top of this page regarding how to take good pics of your bike
  • ry1978 wrote:
    Thanks, It's a 2013 model with FACT Carbon frame and mostly Shimano Sora components. I got a great deal (virtually 1/2 price) in the January sales so will be a long term project which I will upgrade over time as the standard of my riding improves and parts wear out.

I have been really impressed with the ride so far, much more comfortable than my only other road bike experience which was an alloy trek 1.7.

oh so the black version of mine then? http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12953817

yeah sounds like a good idea, still a great ride standard :D