Burls

Supergoose
Supergoose Posts: 1,089
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
Ive just about finished putting this together. Its been a while in the making, the geometry is based on a Wilier I had which fitted me very well.

Fed up of plastic road bikes and very fond of my titanium winter bike so thought Id try one of these. (Budget wouldn't stretch to a Moots!)

Haven't had the chance to ride it yet and given the current conditions it'll be spring before I do!

Just bar tape to finish, would prefer something other than black but I'm aware it might look gash with anything else.I do need to get some road pedals and finish some bits and bobs. I had planned to go for some proper spangly carbon clinchers with gumwalls but the budget police called to say no. Perhaps in the future.

z3t9.jpg

d7e8.jpg
Rock 'n' Roule

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Nice! My Domane has silver bar tape, it's a love hate thing, I like it. Might change it to black one day. I think that is probably the only other colour that would work with yours apart from black.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    Sick.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • Superb, just stunning!

I'm in initial discussions with Justin and trying to get my head round the sheer choice of options for the standard menu price.

Do you mind telling me what tubes you went for - is the down tube the bi-ovalised one, it's hard to tell on your photo? Like you I'm erring towards design purity, so straight seat stays and round tubes. What diameters did you go for on top and seat tubes?

Last question - what's the black headset?

Thanks and congrats on a beautiful bike!
  • Supergoose
    Yeah, I went for a really traditional shape. I wanted something very subtle.

Round tubes throughout, I really don't like any ovalised or aero tubing. The stays are straight too I'm not a fan of bent stays as I mentioned I wanted understated rather than ostentatious. Its a 27.2 seatpin so 32.0mm external diameter I also went for a replaceable rear mech hanger it was another £80 but I figure its worth it.

Its a Chris King headset.

HTH!

(Justin was very helpful and not to mention patient. I must have changed my mind a dozen times throughout the process. The frame was complete within 6-8 weeks not bad!)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Really nice SG

Maybe the desire for ovalised or aero tubing will go out of fashion.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Niiiiiiiiiiiice Goose, nice! :D
  • Supergoose
    Thank you Sir! :)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Supergoose wrote:
    Yeah, I went for a really traditional shape. I wanted something very subtle.

Round tubes throughout, I really don't like any ovalised or aero tubing. The stays are straight too I'm not a fan of bent stays as I mentioned I wanted understated rather than ostentatious. Its a 27.2 seatpin so 32.0mm external diameter I also went for a replaceable rear mech hanger it was another £80 but I figure its worth it.

Its a Chris King headset.

HTH!

(Justin was very helpful and not to mention patient. I must have changed my mind a dozen times throughout the process. The frame was complete within 6-8 weeks not bad!)

Thanks Supergoose, I think you've convinced me to go for round tubes throughout. Understated design suits Ti so well. I think a black King headset will have to be a later upgrade for me, it looks great with the frame.

I'll be interested to hear how you find it to ride, although I guess if your winter bike is ti it will be familiar to you.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Buckles wrote:
    Sick.

sic...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    love it!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Tidy!
    far more photos needed though!
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    Lovely , i would say that though as i have just got I frame from Justin myself

Take it for a spin , i have been out on mine and its revelation over carbon , i can still feel my back after a ride. rides like Carbon without killing you :)
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • Supergoose
    Taped up now and pretty much finished save for a pair of road pedals.

1qsp.jpg

v3cx.jpg

ntg5.jpg

76rd.jpg

ynab.jpg

3u4s.jpg

6nff.jpg
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looking good, saw a few of these out on a ride today, they look nice