Exposure Service Department

badcav203
badcav203 Posts: 19
edited January 2014 in MTB general
:cry: Having sent a faulty Maxx D light back to Exposure, due to it not functioning correctly, it has just been returned with the exact problem!

The service card states 'Several tests have been completed, no fault found'.

Clearly, they must all be blind, or didn't even bother checking it.
I've just switched it on and within 30 seconds, the first thing it does is keep switching between telling me the battery is charged, then flat then flickers this light and then comes on again saying its charged. As described in the returns card.

Anybody ever had this?

I thought the Exposure service department was meant to be good!

So after expressing my support for the items previously, I think I'll be updating/retracting any reviews that I have previously made.
2007 Trek 6500
2010 Specialized Allez Elite

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So who did you buy it from?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If it's the same one, quite old now.

viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12747850

Bit ironic all seven previous posts extolling the virtues of Exposure.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • It is the same one, and yes I may have been 'extolling the virtues of Exposure' before.

I am quite willing to pay them for the repair and expected to, as per Exposures service page!
    I accept that 'something' may be a fault and that this may be a component that has broken down over time. I sent it back to be repaired, not replaced under warrenty.

Exposure claim to stand by their product.It may well be 3 years old, that still doesn't explain how they can return it with 'no faults found'.

My criticism here is still not the actual light, it's the apparent lacksidasical approach to customer support.
    2007 Trek 6500
  • nicklouse wrote:
    So who did you buy it from?

Not really a factor, it's about a year out of warrenty..
    2007 Trek 6500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hmm.....wrong answer

Warranty has nothing to do with the place that sold it, SoGA does, however at 3 years old I would think SoGA doesn't apply.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Think he's sorted but posting in the other thread, just to mess with your head.
    viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12955576
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    That link is to this thread which really does mess with my head!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    My work here is done.

But to save you from potential suicide.
    viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12747850&p=18704404#p18704404
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    This thread needs a "Be Warned!" in the title. Or even more useful, a note that the issue is being sorted in the same thread as the OP started by complaining about them.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    The Rookie wrote:
    Hmm.....wrong answer

Warranty has nothing to do with the place that sold it, SoGA does, however at 3 years old I would think SoGA doesn't apply.
    SOGA always applies for 6 years; it's just that the factors weighing against you using it successfully (and economically viably) diminish over time towards the 6 years end date.

Always useful to post this link when SoGA / warranties / retailer liability / manufacture warranties are discussed:-
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... s-exchange

Matt
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Exposure sold my mate an incredibly expensive, not very bright torch, whose only "feature" is that you can't change the battery unlike every other torch in the world. When the battery died, they very kindly offered to change it for him, for about twice the price of a much better torch. That's service, that is.

On the plus side, the helmet mount is really good, and holds the £15 torch he replaced it with.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Rookie
    larkim wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    Hmm.....wrong answer

SOGA always applies for 6 years
    Absolute cr@p.....it applies for the expected life of a product, it has been held in one case to apply for 6, in others it may be longer, in others shorter, I doubt you could take back a perished rubber band after 4 years for example.

So always - natch.
  • The light has been sent back to exposure after speaking with someone Monday.

I haven't heard anything since other than an acknowledgement of receipt.

Does everyone here with a post count over 1000 instantly get awarded an attitude problem or is that only against any person that buys an exposure product?

I'm beginning to remember why I don't post on these forums!
    2007 Trek 6500
  • cooldad
    You could start by changing the title.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • badcav203
    badcav203 Posts: 19
    edited January 2014
    OK, what would be a more appropriate title? Because I don't see what's wrong with it.

The story here is that they failed to identify a fault. Yes, the light has been sent back, but, I have had no communication with them and it still isn't sorted.

So, in my mind, as a customer, I believe that the service team have yet to prove themselves any different.
    2007 Trek 6500
  • cooldad
    From the other thread
    badcav203 wrote:
    Well, I contacted Exposure, they apologised.

It is being sent back to be checked again.

I have been offered £25 compensation in the form of an accessory of my choice.

Hopefully, the problem can be rectified this time.

I just bought a Solarstorm x2 to get me through the next couple of weeks.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Ok, so I've removed useless.

After all, they have acknowledged their mistake.
    2007 Trek 6500
  • For those interested, and to close this thread down with the resolution for any potential future exposure customers.
    Exposure have now resolved the problem.

I don't know specifically what was wrong, only that there was a compnent failure. Likely due to a failure in the charger.

I had a call from them before everyhting was sent back to ensure the problem was fixed. From the conversation, I believe that the mistake first time round was that the charger was tested, and the charging curcuits with not alot else. Hence the outcome, 'after tests all seems ok'.

So, everything has now been put right FOC along with a new charger, release mount, and a micro red-eye.
    I return to being a happy Exposure customer, but can't help but feel a little more care should have been taken the first time round.
    2007 Trek 6500
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    So, to summarize . . . .

You bought a light
    It went wrong
    You sent it back
    Exposure said, "we can't find anything wrong" and sent it back to you
    You sent it back to them, and told them it still doesn't work
    They tried again, and have sent you a fully working light (and charger)

With a minor hiccup, that sounds like quite good service. Plenty of people refuse point blank to test something more than once, and plenty of them will invoke "wear and tear" after a year or so. Yep, definitely good service.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er