Sugar Loaf Abergavenny

Silversladey
Silversladey Posts: 450
edited January 2014 in Routes
Anybody ridden it ?

Went exploring today as part of a long ride, but due to poor navigational skills and low mist I couldn't find any kind of loop.

So if anybody's ridden it or better still would like to give me the guided tour post on here

Cheers

Paul

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Yes, a long time ago.

No, you're too fit!!!!
  • Pretty Please !!!!

I thought I was going to die up there today its a vast mountain, have you heard about a downhill centre in the Black Mountains might be some trails worth a look
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Yeah it's definitely a big old area. Me and my dad used to go walking up there so I had a fair idea of where I was going.

Yeah that new centre is just down behind the skirrid pub. Looks good :)
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Funny - was thinking about Sugarloaf a while ago, and messed around with some ideas on Bikehike.co.uk - this should just about work; it's quite short, but hard work, I reckon, and you'll probably get lost if you try to follow it, which adds both to the length and the sense of adventure ;)
    Sugarloaf_zps0ba443a0.jpg
  • jimothy78 wrote:
    Funny - was thinking about Sugarloaf a while ago, and messed around with some ideas on Bikehike.co.uk - this should just about work; it's quite short, but hard work, I reckon, and you'll probably get lost if you try to follow it, which adds both to the length and the sense of adventure ;)
    Sugarloaf_zps0ba443a0.jpg

Thankyou very much, will wait until the weather is right and give it a try
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Assuming from Kev's familiarity that you're the HalfwayUp Sladey, then you might want to have a chat with Marcus - if there's a cross-country ride worth doing round here, he's generally done it already.

If you're not, you won't have a clue what I'm on about ;)
  • Thanks for that will get the trail guru Marcus to guide me,

Thanks again

Sladey