Specialized Tarmac SL4

hazzy87
hazzy87 Posts: 26
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
Hello everybody,

This is my new tarmac sl4. I upgraded from a specialized sectuer which was a shock to the system! I chose the bike in the demo colors because it was a little different. I currently have the stem quite high as im still getting used to the position.
Any ideas on "blinging" it up appreciated! :D
Spec as follows:

2014 model.
56cm frame.
105 front mech.
105 rear mech.
Ultegra 11-25 cassette.
KMC X10 L silver chain.
FSA Gossamer 52-36 chainset.
Specialized Riva saddle.
Specialized Carbon seat post.
Elite bottle cages.
Look Keo Carbon pedals.
Sram Super cork bartape.
Planet X Pro Carbon 50mm tubular wheels.
Vittoria Corsa Evo tyres.

IMAG0225.jpg

Comments

• andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    Nice, I like the paintwork, but not sure about the bar tape, I think less is more on this one and would try and match black like the saddle. That's personal though. And not really helping bling the bike up. It's already quite a shouty frame, so I'd be tempted to go no decals on the wheels as well

Edit: and your stem height is nothing compared to others, so no dramas :wink:
  • Same feelings about the bar tape. If anything make it a bit thinner, at the moment it makes such a lovely bike look a bit frumpy, for lack of a better term.

Personally I'd change saddle for something similar to this fizik one

Bar tape to black and hoods to these if you'd like to keep a blue highlight on the bar.

And replace the piece of electrical tape on the head tube with one of these badboys

:)
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Nice. I have not seen many in that scheme.

Those wheels arnt planet x are they? :D
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Good choice on the colour scheme,and as already mentioned your bar tape looks as thick as rope !

Ps I like the blue tape.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Doesn't need loads of money spending on it but some cosmetic items would make it look a lot better.

Looks like the tape is the wrapped the wrong way but it might be the pic.

De-stickering the wheels might be a good start (or take off two of the three logos and leave the one on the opposite side to the valve)

Front skewer needs sorting ;-)

Don't worry about stem height, you'll be much faster if you are comfortable and can ride it properly.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Lovely.

Id have a Thomson masterpiece seatpost on there and a flash saddle but other than that, perfect.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks very nice, agree about the black bar tape though with it I think it would look even better.
  • Nice looking bike. My SL3 is demo / test colours too but from a different year so different colours.

Does look like the bar tape needs doing again but I like the colour choice.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    Always nice to get something a bit different. I really liked the look of the SL3 but the 4 is really growing on me. Shame I spent my 30th Birthday money on a new boiler. Boo
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Great colours...
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    First thing I'd do is shorten that front brake cable inner...

Nice bike!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    yaya wrote:
    First thing I'd do is shorten that front brake cable inner...
    Blimey, I missed that!

Yeah I think you could make this bike look a lot better without actually spending any money on it!