The sufferfest training plans

polska1979
polska1979 Posts: 152
Hi

Been looking around for a structured training plan for winter that encompasses turbo and outdoor rides.

I stumbled across the structured plans by sufferfest which seem to be quite good, and reasonably priced, I already have a lot of the videos

Just wondered if anyone was working through them or had any views/experience

Looking at novice plan for ten weeks, then intermediate to start tapering up for spring and early crit races

Comments

• gbr236
    gbr236 Posts: 393
    Are they not just a recommendation that vary which sufferfest video to do.
    They seem a bit intense to use as a novice plan.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    Just an anecdote but I have a good friend that used one of them last year and reported good results in his following road races. He was an experienced rider though, and coming back from injury the year before, but reckoned they helped him. Having ridden with him as well afterwards he certainly had improved his fitness!
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • DHA987S
    DHA987S Posts: 284
    having just purchased the intermediate plan and my girlfriend has purchased the novice plan. They both seem well structured plans with an emphasis on building up for a few weeks, and easy week (in the novice) then building up to a peak at the end of the 10 week plan. The peak being relative to your fitness experience at the start of the plan. They do "simply" tell you what videos to do, but they group them into sections to work with each other. And it gives some point to winter training on a turbo rather than just watching some sufferfest videos.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Anyone else had experience of these?

I am looking for a 3/4 month training plan to keep me focussed and to be honest for an average club cyclist looking for some fitness in spring most books feel a little like overkill - worth spending a few quid on these?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd look up the trainerroad plans too - Probably works out slightly cheaper in that you only pay per month and you don't actually need any videos to buy - but you can use sufferfest if you want to.