Shimano Dyna Sys - Mega compatibility

mrtnz
mrtnz Posts: 5
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I would like to ask if a Shimano XT Mega Train 3x10 converted to 2x10 (with e-thirteen 24-36T chainrings) would be compatible with a Shimano Deore XT Dyna-Sys 2x10 front derailleur.

Hope you can help me,

Best Regards!

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    All 10 speed stuff is Dynasis. Do you mean a double 'Mega 9' ie 9 speed chainset? If so yes, that'll be fine with 10 speed transmission.
  • mrtnz
    Hi njee20,

Yes, I meant a Shimano XT Mega 9 Train (3x9) crankset converted to 2x10 (with e-thirteen 24-36T chainrings). would it be compatible with a Shimano Deore XT Dyna-Sys 2x10 front derailleur, or I better stay with the Sram X7 3x10 FD that came with the bike?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd probably just use the triple front mech.
  • mrtnz
    Great,

And do you think a Dyna Sys Crank, FD and Chain (2x10) will work with SRAM shifters, cassete and RDer?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yes, as long as it is all 10 speed and SRAM rear mech and SRAM shifter
  • mrtnz
    Thanks for your reply.
    Do you know if a Shimano M785 XT 2x10 crankset is compatible with other brands's rings?
    This is, if I bought the setting with 26-38T and I wanted to also try a 24-36T combination, can I swap the original rings with other brands rings (like Blackspire or E*Thirteen)?)
    Thanks in advance!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    AS long as they have the same BCD yes. They may need the odd bit of filing though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools