• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    20144246_212206_670.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    20144246_212206_670.jpg

Looks like he as a octopus tentacle sticking out halfway down his back
  • Not related to Cav's weight. But what do we think about the new OPQS kit?

I'm not keen on the overabundance of black. I really liked the last two seasons kit. Perhaps the 2012 kit even more than the 2013 kit.

And I too would like Tommeke to have a good season.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    Their 2012 is superb. Which is why I bought it!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I really dislike boonen for no rational reason, I hope chinny smashes the fuck into him again
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • okgo wrote:
    I really dislike boonen for no rational reason, I hope chinny smashes the fark into him again

It's the weird ears isn't it? :wink:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Not related to Cav's weight. But what do we think about the new OPQS kit?

I'm not keen on the overabundance of black. I really liked the last two seasons kit. Perhaps the 2012 kit even more than the 2013 kit.

And I too would like Tommeke to have a good season.

Not keen on the new jersey - much prefer 2012 or last year's
  • frenchfighter
    “I’m in the best position here. I’m incredibly lucky that the team has put the financial commitment into signing me and secondly putting the confidence in to sign, for me, the two best leadout men in Alessandro Petacchi and Mark Renshaw. I can sit here and definitely say that I’m the luckiest sprinter in professional cycling.”

“I’m super excited and now he’s back from being Lars Boom’s leadout man,” Cavendish said in reference to Renshaw’s time at Rabobank and Belkin.

“It makes me incredibly happy. He’s a great guy, a great friend of mine and we had a lot of successful times. I’m looking forward to a successful year.”

“The guys I’m sprinting against are big strong guys,” he says.

“I’m really the only one left at being successful from the fast guys. Everyone is now big and strong, bikes are more aerodynamic, people are wearing skinsuits and we’re going at higher top speeds. I’ve worked at being stronger and I’ve been in the gym for really the first time in my life, and doing weights.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendi ... in-cycling
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Not related to Cav's weight. But what do we think about the new OPQS kit?
    It reminds me a bit of the old Leopard Trek kit (which I quite liked)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,216
    Too dark
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    given that last paragraph about working on absolute power, he may be quietly glad that the course for MSR has changed so it's not the sprint fest it was, so he doesn't have to peak quite so early in the season for a race that isn't a cert... Ghent Wevelgem will be interesting this year, it's on his list and he rides for the belgians
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Bulking is the best way to develop Type 2 muscle fibres.
    I'd be concerned if he was skinny.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    liversedge wrote:
    Bulking is the best way to develop Type 2 muscle fibres.

... Type 2 diabetes is what you are thinking of ;--)
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    He will be a reet porker after he retires.
  • He will be a reet porker after he retires.

Only if you want to compare him for all eternity post-retirement to a skinny elite bike racer
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    “I’m really the only one left at being successful from the fast guys. Everyone is now big and strong, bikes are more aerodynamic, people are wearing skinsuits and we’re going at higher top speeds. I’ve worked at being stronger and I’ve been in the gym for really the first time in my life, and doing weights.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendi ... in-cycling
    Thats a disgusting quote; hasn't he been reading the BikeRadar fitness forum about how doing weights won't improve you as a cyclist unless its on the track? Sack the coach!!! :twisted:
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/arti ... nge-39539/
    Weight quoted at 75kg in his bike check. Makes sense if he's been in the gym, thats almost a 'normal bloke' weight for someone his height.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    normal bloke that eats kebabs and drinks beer all the time, maybe ;)
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    I am that height and weight and I barely ever drink or eat kebabs... perfectly normal I think!
    Edit: BMI of about 23. Perfectly within 'Normal' thanks!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!