crank arm stuck. HELP!

christophermcharg
christophermcharg Posts: 10
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I am trying to remove a set of cranks and both crank arm won't budge. I loosened the bolt. The crank still wouldn't budge I even tried tapping the crank arm with a rubber mallet. The crank arm is still there with no results plus i ve used a puller tool still nothing and tryed soacking it in oil

Comments

• Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Soak it in oil, put on puller tool, tighten it with Allen key as much as you can, the whack at the Allen key with a hammer
  • tryed that still no luck
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    What type of crank and bb? Maybe try cycling it with the pinch bolts undone to loosen it up a bit. Failing that, whack it harder. Rubber mallet
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Bigger hammer. Always go for a bigger hammer.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    TwellySmat wrote:
    Bigger hammer. Always go for a bigger hammer.
    +1, more force never hurt
  • if that fails what else could i try i am thinking becuase its a 2nd hand bike the guys hammerd them on
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What type of crank and bb?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    if that fails what else could i try i am thinking becuase its a 2nd hand bike the guys hammerd them on
    Cut them off.......small cut across the end of the crank and it will split and open up.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.