Are there ANY routes by Blackpool

7448stewart
7448stewart Posts: 79
edited January 2014 in Routes
Ant good off road trails of DH sections within 30min of blackpool? Now I know we have Lee quarry and Rivington and Gisburn but im looking for closer no need to drive to places, hidden gems. Just so I can get on my bike an ride there for some jumps and a bit of speed?

Any ideas????

Comments

• As far as I know there's nowt exciting that's rideable from blackpool. The most exciting ride I can do from my door is a loop of the de vere with a stop off at Stanley park bmx track!

There's some cheeky stuff at Nicky nook, but it's still a car ride away and therefore debatable if it's worth it or not. Put "Nicky nook MTB" into YouTube to see what some lads have done up there.

I'd love to discover there's some cheeky trails somewhere, but I think we're sh!t out of luck!
  • Some stuff over longridge fell, but havent been there in years so not sure if it still exists.
  • There is a route over Longridge Fell, not sure what there is "off-piste." There's a couple of xc loops round there which can take in Chipping, Dunsop, Hurst Green and Longridge. Not massively exciting, but a nice day out in summer.
  • Don't think you will find anything.Two or three laps of the de vere is about as good as it gets. I head over to Rivington and Anglezarke at weekends for a 20 to 30 mile xc ride, or Gisburn if I fancy a trail centre.