The Friday night christ i'm f.ucking bored thread...

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Mikey23 wrote:
    And that scene in the lift...
    Don't spoil it. Good job his shoes weren't sued.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    seanoconn wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

I thought you could only sue a company?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I'm getting a serious case of thread cossover here. Must have been that Shiraz. I knew she had doctored it.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

I thought you could only sue a company?!
    Oops, had a touch of the Mantis's.

Suede.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    seanoconn wrote:

Suede.
    Are you suggesting that Mantis is lysdexic? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Suede.
    Nope. Just thick :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Suede.

don't hold back, what do you really think! :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Suede.
    It's not his fault, he's an Arsenal supporter :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Suede.

Didn't realise the issues were that bad
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Suede.

Didn't realise the issues were that bad
  • Stevo_666
    There's loads of them in BB which explains a lot about the standard of posting really :)
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    A mix of fair weather fans and Arsene groupies...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There's loads of them in BB which explains a lot about the standard of posting really :)

We can change the tone to crudder speak, if it makes you happy.

"Dude: Yout mum likes 2 at once"

Your turn...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We can change the tone to crudder speak, if it makes you happy.

"Dude: Yout mum likes 2 at once"

Your turn...

You my daddy? :D
  • Stevo_666
    Yout mum
    I rest my case - another 'Ar$e fan' who can't spell to save his life :wink:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yout mum

Doesn't know what a proper bike is either :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Got it now. They only put up the first three letters on the telly... Thats why there are so many
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yout mum

Doesn't know what a proper bike is either :P
    Maybe we should club together and get him an Apollo full sus or something - has to be better than what he's got now, they can't even go off road FFS. Then he'll 'see the light', Blues Brothers stylee.
  • pinno
    smiley-sleep006.gif
  • Stevo_666
    smiley-sleep006.gif
    Alright, we'll make it a 'Muddy Fox' then.
  • pinno
    If it isn't Italian, i'm not going to ride it.

I am pretty sure that the ITies don't make MB's, 'cos they have to be butt ugly to do what they are supposed to and in Italy, style is everything.

Mountain bikes revolutionised main stream road cycling. I can be grateful for that. They produced 'off the peg' bikes that were as good as what the pro's used when you had to be pro or very lucky to own a top road frame. The advent of compact road frames started then. Apart from that, it is something that has never appealed to me and with two artificial hips, it's something that I will never do either.
    I do have respect for some of the stuff they do but we are the original cyclists and I was cycling way before MBing became popular. I remember the roadies who got sucked into it because of the prize money on offer and they could not cut it in the RR scene. We busted a gut to get a win and was lucky to get £15 for it, whereas some small MB races gave complete bikes as prize money (I remember the Kona Explosif on offer in the New Forest race). They soon drifted back though when the bubble burst in the mid nineties.
    I also read that to win the average MB race, you only need to sustain an average of 80watts - bunch of girls really. It is more about technique than fitness and condition.
    I can go out and do an 80mile ride and get 'lost' in a zone. That sort of distance off road is a rarity. I can also hit speeds (relatively safely of 50mph downhill) without worrying about a tree stump and loosing me front teef.

...but if you're going to give me a free bike, i won't say no - i'll just put some slicks, crudcatchers and lights on the thing and cycle to work on it.

soherendeththepost.
  • Stevo_666
    I used to say the same thing, but it was Swedish rather than Italian.
    I am pretty sure that the ITies don't make MB's, 'cos they have to be butt ugly to do what they are supposed to and in Italy, style is everything.
    Pinarello MTB anyone? :lol:
    Not to mention Bianchi. I only looked at two websites - 100% strike rate!
    and with two artificial hips, it's something that I will never do either.
    :shock: How old are you?
    I also read that to win the average MB race, you only need to sustain an average of 80watts - bunch of girls really. It is more about technique than fitness and condition.
    Yup, it's this thing called skill - you wouldn't understand, it's an MTB thing :wink:
    I can go out and do an 80mile ride and get 'lost' in a zone. That sort of distance off road is a rarity. I can also hit speeds (relatively safely of 50mph downhill) without worrying about a tree stump and loosing me front teef.
    So can I though over shorter distances. It's a shed load easier to cover distances on nice smooth well drained black stuff than over lumpy twisty muddy stuff but you can still do a days worth on an MTB an 'lose yourself' without having to bother about traffic n stuff like that. It's also more fun :mrgreen:
    ...but if you're going to give me a free bike, i won't say no - i'll just put some slicks, crudcatchers and lights on the thing and cycle to work on it.
    So you like hybrids...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I used to say the same thing, but it was Swedish rather than Italian.
    Pinarello MTB anyone? :lol:
    Not to mention Bianchi. I only looked at two websites - 100% strike rate!

Made in Taiwan.
    and with two artificial hips, it's something that I will never do either.
    :shock: How old are you?

Early forties.
    Yup, it's this thing called skill - you wouldn't understand, it's an MTB thing :wink:

I have looked at plenty of that stuff on Eurosport and 'dudes' like Macaskill. I do appreciate the skill involved. I also appreciate how strong and tough you have to be to win the Paris-Roubaix. I cannot imagine anything better than going up the Galibier or descending the Tourmalet (apart from sex with GT Sparrowheads mum).
    So can I though over shorter distances. It's a shed load easier to cover distances on nice smooth well drained black stuff than over lumpy twisty muddy stuff but you can still do a days worth on an MTB an 'lose yourself' without having to bother about traffic n stuff like that. It's also more fun :mrgreen:

Spinning the gear at a snooth cadence of 90rpm and 'gliding' along.
    As for traffic, I thankfully live in Scotland. I often return daan saaf and cannot believe the traffic. I do not think I would be cycling at all if I had to contend with that.

So you like hybrids...

It's a comfortable position. I had a hybrid to commute in tha 'naam', Cheltenaam. Then some tw4t stole it.
  • Stevo_666
    Roll call for this evening....
  • Mikey23
    I'm here ...
    Working today (if you regard honing your ten pin bowling skills as working). Been for an hour spin before mega dark, now watching 20/20 cricket with a cup of tea before missus gets home and tea starts...
  • seanoconn
    I'm out tonight losers! :P
  • Mikey23
    Nothing I trust that's going to lead this group into disrepute. We have standards to maintain...
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Hope you get arrested.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    seanoconn wrote:

Hope you get arrested.

Thought you had gone to Berlin.

Pretty sad if you are in Berlin and still on BR.
  • seanoconn
    What did I miss? Is anybody not banned?