Gravity enduro events near Yorkshire?

sofaboy73
sofaboy73 Posts: 574
edited February 2014 in XC and Enduro
As it's just over 20 years since I last raced competitively, and now I've just sneezed into the vets age group, I fancy giving some races a go in 2014.

I'm really interested in the new (ish) gravity enduro format events as they look a whole lot of fun. I'm struggling to find much around Yorkshire / north area other then the 'ard rock enduro (which will be on the list).

Any suggestions for a good first event?

Comments

• I've searched a bit to find our what Gravity Enduro actualy is but without much success, can anyone shed any light on the ins and outs?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • i use 'gravity' to distiguish it from cross country enduro races which are endurance events eg 24hr races etc. by gravity enduro i mean an event which has a number of timed sections (usually down hill oriented) where entarnts get one compteative run to achieve the best time. contestants ride (or push) between the sections, but are not timed for these link ups (however in some, there does appear to be a cut off time to get there).

the below is a national series, however from what i've read it's all a bit ex pros or down-hillers. i'm looking for something a little more 'relaxed' for my first event in over 20 years - any ideas??

http://www.ukgravityenduro.com/
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Northerndownhill are doing a series of three Gravity Enduros, they're at Hamsterley, Alwinton & Kielder.

See clicky

Will, most probably, be doing (at least) the Hamsterley one in March :D
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Www.ardrockenduro.co.uk
    2-3 August in Swaledale N.Yorkshire. Have a look on Youtube.
  • UK Gravity Enduro Series is in the Lakes later this year - 'Ard Rock was already mentioned. http://www.ukgravityenduro.com/event/rd5-ukge-2014/

I've searched a bit to find our what Gravity Enduro actualy is but without much success, can anyone shed any light on the ins and outs?

- it's like a car rally - you ride to a point, then do a timed section. Rather than doing laps like in an XC race. Gravity enduro has stages that are predominantly downhill in nature. It's basically riding up a hill and racing back down. Give it a try.