Turbo etiquette...?

Colinthecop
Colinthecop Posts: 996
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
So whilst on my Turbo, I need to empty all the phlegm and snot which gathers up my nose, is it acceptable to empty it onto the dining room floor...?

And does it still have to be emptied to the left so it lands on the verge...?

I am married, incase that makes a difference. :(

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Best thing is that you get to discard bottles like the pros :)
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Fire it all up the wall, am sure your other half will be delighted
  • Hanky?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Make sure you say hello or wave to anyone coming the other way...
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    is it acceptable to empty it onto the dining room floor...?

Depends what others are eating at the time. You could try spitting in the soup (sorry, couldn't resist).
  • Bucket boys, bucket.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    Spit it into my sick bucket
  • So whilst on my Turbo, I need to empty all the phlegm and snot which gathers up my nose, is it acceptable to empty it onto the dining room floor...?

And does it still have to be emptied to the left so it lands on the verge...?

I am married, incase that makes a difference. :(

Absolutely... your 'better half' can then easily sweep it up with the gel wrappers. Obviously this is only acceptable if you are wearing a helmet and have earphones in.
    Felix pouches (tuna or salmon)
  • Swallow.

Are you a footballer or something?
  • Swallow.

Do you also swallow your poo when you need to get it out? Swallowing is very unhealthy.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    I use a towell (seperate to the one I use to dry my face with)
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452

Do you also swallow your poo when you need to get it out? Swallowing is very unhealthy.
    Why is it unhealthy? Surely it just passes through your system and gets pooped out?
    I would say at worst swallowing it is slightly unpleasant for you but gobbing is deeply unpleasant for everyone else.
    Unless you are in your living room on a turbo, then it is fine. Bonus points if Jeremy Kyle is on the telly and you get him.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Swallow.

QUIET! Some of us have spent years trying to convince our wife/gf swallowing is perfectly healthy !!!
  • Morris Cat wrote:
    Absolutely... your 'better half' can then easily sweep it up with the gel wrappers. Obviously this is only acceptable if you are wearing a helmet and have earphones in.

A HELMET...???

Oh jeez, I hadn't even considered wearing my helmet on the turbo.

Why has this got to be so complicated. :(
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    If it lands on your dining room floor YES that's fine.
    If it lands on my dining room floor NO that's not fine.

:roll:
  • *reads thread*

*throws delicious lunchon in bin*

:shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • I thought a helmet was only necessary for when falling off the rollers, not a turbo? Is this because it is further to step down off a bike on the turbo than when on the road?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I once fell asleep on my turbo from sheer boredom and hit my head on the sofa. If I hadn't been wearing my helmet I would have been dead, FACT. There was even a shiny patch on the helmet where the cushion had wiped off some dirt, what more proof do you need? If you don't wear a helmet on the turbo you are a complete tool.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Exactly... Missus brought me a cup of tea the other day with nearly catastrophic consequences. I can't prove that the helmet saved my life. I just know....
  • Pross wrote:
    I once fell asleep on my turbo from sheer boredom

I watched this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFYRiqodvU

I never fell asleep. I'm hoping it was down to the techno techno techno music rather than watching mens bottoms clad in lycra that motivated me.

• Pross wrote:
    I once fell asleep on my turbo from sheer boredom and hit my head on the sofa. If I hadn't been wearing my helmet I would have been dead, FACT. There was even a shiny patch on the helmet where the cushion had wiped off some dirt, what more proof do you need? If you don't wear a helmet on the turbo you are a complete tool.

I think if you examine your fall Pross you'll find that your shoulder hit the sofa first...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Pross wrote:
    I once fell asleep on my turbo from sheer boredom

I watched this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFYRiqodvU

I never fell asleep. I'm hoping it was down to the techno techno techno music rather than watching mens bottoms clad in lycra that motivated me.

Nifty.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Exactly... Missus brought me a cup of tea the other day with nearly catastrophic consequences. I can't prove that the helmet saved my life. I just know....
    :D
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Funnily enough the only time I have banged my head was falling off the rollers.

No, I was not wearing a helmet.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    merkin wrote:

Why is it unhealthy? Surely it just passes through your system and gets pooped out?I would say at worst swallowing it is slightly unpleasant for you but gobbing is deeply unpleasant for everyone else.
    Unless you are in your living room on a turbo, then it is fine. Bonus points if Jeremy Kyle is on the telly and you get him.

I'd have thought so too. If it was that unhealthy to swallow a natural substance secreted by your own throat and sinuses then most people would be continually ill from doing just that, because most people don't feel the need to gob it all over the place.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Just given my turbo bike's chain set and BB a strip, clean and re-lube. I can confirm that sweat is corrosive.
  • I'm not a sweaty person, but on using my Turbo i've been sweating like a nonse in a nursery...

I might have to invest in one of those silly thong things. :(
  • ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    I might have to invest in one of those silly thong things. :(

282274c10bcbdc491597b088dc85091b.jpg
  • Fortunately I'm not that hairy, so I should look much better....