Canyon SF SL 8.0

How Far is too Far
How Far is too Far Posts: 534
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
Just thought I would share some pictures of my Xmas present to myself :D

I will be upgrading the wheels once I decide what to get, so I will just live with the nasty spoke protector until them.
The white bar tape will be going ASAP, it is impossible to keep it clean. It seems quite light and on the very short ride I have done it seems nice and responsive and comfy.

P1010377_zps7caada63.jpg

P1010376_zps22c4ec62.jpg

P1010380_zps769b9b34.jpg

P1010381_zps57a8f971.jpg

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Nice looking bike,even better once the dork disc is removed :wink:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • I've just ordered the 9.0. How did the buying experience go? Delivered on time?
    I've been pleased with the communication so far .

Nice bike, enjoy it.
  • No problems buying it and for the money it seems a great bike, all good quality.

I have now got a pair of Fulcrum Zeros to put on it, hopefully once the weather gets a bit better I will be able to get a few ride on it to see what its like.
  • Excellent, be sure to post pics with new wheels on. Mine won't be here until April.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Very nice. I think the white bar tape looks good, always make a bike look pro. Difference is the pros have mechanics to change it every time it gets dirty!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Like it. :)
  • rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    Very nice mate , I've been looking at canyons as well . Thinking of going down the di2 route, have 1 in the basket just waiting on advice from canyon ref - sizing .

Rich - strava ;)
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • The Ksyrium Elite S have now been changed for some Fulcrum Zeros, which look better on the bike IMHO

Got the first few miles on it and so far it seems a nice bike, comfy and fairly quick. Just need some better weather :D

canyon2_zps7dfb3cf0.jpg
  • nice
    what's the frame size?
  • Hi it is a Large, Canyon say it is a 58cm but it is really a 56.6cm top tube. I normally ride a 56 Cannondale and this is close to it for size.

I have Fiziks tabpeon my Cannondale and it is still white after 3 years, this Canyon stuff gets dirty even when you arnt using the bike, so as you say new tape will be put on it ASAP

Thanks
  • hi,
    looking very nice. I am contemplating ordering the CF SL 7.0. Whats the geometry like? and I'm 5ft9 with long legs would you say large would be to big and to go for a medium?
  • I am 5'11" and think the large is fine, but at 5'9" I think you would be btetter off with a Medium.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I ordered a Ultimate CF SL 9.0 at the weekend, same bike, same paint scheme but an Ultegra groupset. I had been looking for some good pictures of this colour scheme as it's hard to get a feel for the appearance from the pictures on the Canyon site. Thanks for posting pictures of yours - it looks great!
    Unfortunately I'll have to wait until late April for them to ship it but as long as it stays on schedule I'll have it in time for the summer. Looking forward to it!
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Ai_1 wrote:
    I ordered a Ultimate CF SL 9.0 at the weekend, same bike, same paint scheme but an Ultegra groupset. I had been looking for some good pictures of this colour scheme as it's hard to get a feel for the appearance from the pictures on the Canyon site. Thanks for posting pictures of yours - it looks great!
    Unfortunately I'll have to wait until late April for them to ship it but as long as it stays on schedule I'll have it in time for the summer. Looking forward to it!

Same here, ordered a few weeks ago. The wait is killing me!
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Hi it is a Large, Canyon say it is a 58cm but it is really a 56.6cm top tube. I normally ride a 56 Cannondale and this is close to it for size.

How is the ride quality compared to the Cannondale, presumably also a carbon model ?
  • My Cannondale Supersix is a HighMod Carbon version, the Canyon is fairly simular in comfort and stifness.

The Black looks really good in real life, everone that has seen the bike says it looks good. I know what you mean about the Canyon pictures. Beleive me the bikes look better in real life. The SLX in stelth look very nice but I am happy enough with mine.
  • rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    Ai_1 wrote:I ordered a Ultimate CF SL 9.0 at the weekend, same bike, same paint scheme but an Ultegra groupset. I had been looking for some good pictures of this colour scheme as it's hard to get a feel for the appearance from the pictures on the Canyon site. Thanks for posting pictures of yours - it looks great!

Same here, ordered a few weeks ago. The wait is killing me!

can confirm the bike looks stunning in real life, pictures dont do it justice at all, and its an amazing ride .

had confirmation mine is shipped and enroute, just need some sunshine now :):)
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • Mike__
    Mike__ Posts: 18
    I ordered the SL 9.0 and i'm glad i've just seen these pics as they're the only good 'real' pics i've come across! The bike looks fantastic, just a shame about having to wait till the end of April. How does it work with the delivery times anyway? I've heard from numerous people who've ordered one and they've all got the end of April delivery time. How's that going to work as surely they can't deliver all the ones on order at the same time? I'll be gutted if it gets delayed at all, dying to get out in it!
  • You will not be disappointed once you get it, I got mine as a bike to save my good bike from getting nocked about putting it in the car etc. But the Canyon rides as good as my HiMod Supersix

Here are a couple more pictures with some different wheels on, give a better idea what they look like as the website pictures do really show the bike to its best.

20140201_125304_zps99c25942.jpg

20140201_125158_zps18a4f837.jpg
  • Mike__ wrote:
    I ordered the SL 9.0 and i'm glad i've just seen these pics as they're the only good 'real' pics i've come across! The bike looks fantastic, just a shame about having to wait till the end of April. How does it work with the delivery times anyway? I've heard from numerous people who've ordered one and they've all got the end of April delivery time. How's that going to work as surely they can't deliver all the ones on order at the same time? I'll be gutted if it gets delayed at all, dying to get out in it!

Ditto!
  • My CF SL 9 turned up on friday, and I can confirm it looks way better in the flesh than on the site.

I couldn't bear the 3 month wait, so bought the non conpact version, then asked them to change the cassette (16quid) and bought a new compact crank. Will sell the old one so its pretty much cost me 50 quid to avoid the wait as I ordered mine 8 days ago.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    How Far is too Far,

Thanks for the additional pics. It looks great with the Fulcrum deep rims on it!

I wonder could you do me a favour and give me a measurement from your bike if you get a chance? I'm trying to make sure the size I've ordered is going to suit me. I want to compare the height to the bottom of the stem clamp on the steerer with my existing bike. Ideally the head tube length or stack measurement is all I'd need but my current bike is a cyclocross bike so the fork is built with extra clearance and may not be the same height from wheel centre to bottom of the headtube, I'm not sure if the canyon is standard either and I know the Acros headset adds a bit of height on top of the headtube.

If you could measure the distance from the centre of the QR on the front wheel to the top of the Acros collar (i.e. the bottom of the stem if there were no spacers) I'd be confident of the available range of bar height which would put my mind at ease!