On-One Inbred

Dawesy92
Dawesy92 Posts: 606
edited May 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Okay, so after some thinking and finding a sale on Boxing day i got around to finally buying myself a new frame to replace my old Iron Horse Warrior frame.

I made my decision to buy the On One Inbred in Pearl White and a 20" frame.

The frame looks amazing, all the parts apart from one or two bits are all coming off my warrior, see the spec list below;

Frame: On-One Inbred
Forks: Fox F-32 RLC
Bars: Ragley Wiser 38mm Rise 740mm wide
Stem: Diety Cavity
Headset: Hope
Grips: Hope Lock-On's
End Caps: Hope Grip Doctor

Front Brake Lever assy: Shimano XT M785
Front Caliper: Shimano XT Ice-Tech
Front disc: Shimano RT-76 180mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: Shimano XT M785
Rear Caliper: Shimano XT Ice-Tech
Rear Disc: Shimano RT-76 180mm
Hoses: Jagwire Silver Carbon

Shifters: Sram X9 (2 x 10)
Cables: Jagwire Silver Carbon
Front Mech: Sram X9
Rear Mech: Sram X9 Type 2 Clutch (Medium Cage)

Seat: WTB Speed V
Seat Post: Octane
Seat Post Clamp: On-One

Cranks: Sram X9 (26 - 39)
Chain: Sram 10speed
Cassette: Sram 10speed (cant remeber number)
Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy
Bottom Bracket: Truative GXP
Bash Guard: Blackspire Defender

Front Wheel: Mavic Crossride
Back Wheel: Mavic Crossride

Tire: Panaracer Fire XC Folding 26 x 2.1

I do apologize for the poor picture quality, as they where taken off my phone and im no photographer anyway..
Just got a few more parts to sort out buy heres some pictures from today building her up, hope you all like..

20131230_133810.jpg

20131230_133859.jpg

20131230_133916.jpg

20131230_135834.jpg

IMG-20131230-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20131230-WA0003.jpg

20131230_161738.jpg

Comments

• Dawesy92
    Ad the tyres a while.. but didnt like the blue ones haha.. gotta try and find a shim for my front mech now though.. any ideas??
  • Fair enough! Are they any good by the way?

One of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Front ... 51a071cf80

Im not sure about your seat tube diameter but im certain you can find a suitable shim on eBay.
  • Dawesy92
    The clamp dia I need is 28.6 apprently.. would the shimano one work as im using all Sram X9 parts..

As for the tyres, ive used them from doing a 10mile commute on road to doing silly miles in horribly wet and muddy conditions and they have never let me down yet.. :')
  • L3BIUS
    L3BIUS Posts: 91
    Looks awesome man! Looking forward to seeing it In person!
    The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • Dawesy92
    L3BIUS wrote:
    Looks awesome man! Looking forward to seeing it In person!

Cheers mate yep. You should be seeing it when we head to Cannock, will more than likely be its first test haha
  • Mtbdaz
    Mtbdaz Posts: 90
    yeah nice bike matey......
  • Storty
    Storty Posts: 18
    Nice bike. Looking good. I've got one too in that colour with Sram X9 etc. The only issue I had was that I had to file off a section of my rear brake mounting bracket as the lugs on the frame weren't quite in the right position. Hope you enjoy it though, it's great fun to ride.
  • Dawesy92
    Storty wrote:
    Nice bike. Looking good. I've got one too in that colour with Sram X9 etc. The only issue I had was that I had to file off a section of my rear brake mounting bracket as the lugs on the frame weren't quite in the right position. Hope you enjoy it though, it's great fun to ride.

If you have one dude, you got any idea where I can get a shim for the front mech?
  • Dawesy92
    Well last night I stripped the rear mech down and the chain was took off the old frame, both left in degreaser overnight, so went tk get to work on the bike this morning, put tue rear mech back together all nice and clean and got it bolted on in place. Next job, fot the bottom bracket, non drive side went in perfectly, driveside keeps locking up, triedbit back in the old framr and it goes in fine so I thinkni need to go and get the threads chased, so now got to wait till the new year, good think that's not a long wait.. also still need to try and find a shim for front mech, might ask LBS whenni get the threads done...
  • Storty
    Storty Posts: 18
    Sorry mate, can't help there. I've got a 1x9 set up on mine. I'd try emailing Chain Reaction as I've managed to get obscure bits and pieces from them in the past.
  • Dawesy92
    Gonna speak to lbs tomorrow and seebif they can sort me on out :)
    Just wanna get it finished as all I need to do is fit bb install crankset fit front mech and set gears up then im finished!! :(
  • L3BIUS
    Setbacks suck :( hopefulyl lbs will help you then!

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • HI mate i been following your thread, i also have an On-One but the Scandal instead of the Inbred and i can tell you that the Shimano shim will work Just make sure you don't Over tighten it!!
    You build is looking superb btw loving it.
  • Dawesy92
    Cheers guys!! Well ill hopfully get good news tomorrow at the lbs.. if not ill order the shimano shim.. I would think they'll have on though!! :-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Most LBS will have some as every aftermarket Shimano is 34.9 and supplied with shims, if yours is 34.9 the Shimano will work but you sometimes need to trim the locating tabs (plastic ones are easier than metal) if your mech isn't 34.9 all is not lost, you just need the right shim thickness (e.g a 34.9 to 31.8mm shim will be 1.5mm thick) although you may need to trim the length slightly, you will need plastic shims so they bend to the right radius, metal ones are a pain and I gave up trying.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dawesy92
    I think my old frame is 31.8mm I think...
  • Dawesy92
    New INFO!!

Bike may take a little longer to finish as now i dont have a car thanks to the bloke who lives over the road from my girlfriends house reversing into my car tonight and leaving it un-driveable, so now i have no car for a while till im able to get a curtosy car, which im hoping to be tomorrow but leaves me stuck for now unfortunatly, he has admitted it was his fault seen as though i was not parked in the wrong and i wasnt even in the car, not happy about it, but atleast i get a new bumper which was already cracked, so kind of a win win in a way.... i THINK "/

So little bit of another setback!! So i guess ive had a great start to the new year..... :(
  • Dawesy92
    So sone good news now.. the girlfriend was really nice and helpfull and took me and my frame to the LBS over the weekend and I got my bb fitted and some shims for the front mech, everything on the bike now is done.. apart from needing a long bolt for the front mech (which I will steel from work tomorrow) then need to set the front mech up.. all thats left to do is shorten the chain.. worked it out to 106links according to parktools website so will see qhat happens!

Will post the pictures tomorrow :)
  • Looking forward to seeing this one finished, I'm soooooo tempted to build one of these after getting a blip on one yesterday, they feel bloody bomb proof!!!
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    all thats left to do is shorten the chain.. worked it out to 106links according to parktools website so will see qhat happens!

Cheers for mentioning this as I'm changing my camber to a 2x 9 with a 36t middle tomorrow and had no idea where to start :mrgreen:
  • L3BIUS
    Bet its gonna look awesome finished, exited for pictures!

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    Little trip to halfords after work for a chain tool and maybe a new chain soo will see :)
  • Dawesy92
    Right as promised pictures of my progress, but better news is that she is now finished & Heli taped up!!

Got to do a few short rides to make sure everything stays nice and tight which im sure it (touch wood) will but you know, only additions i have done that are not on the pictures, ive dropped my lights back on front and rear, as im hoping to bike to work in a new days, also the other good news is that according the my scales she only weighs in at 13KG which for a steel frame isnt too shabby really!! Anyway, best get down to the pictures again poor quality as im no photographer, plus being at work through the day doesnt make it easy to get photos!! but here they are anyway!!

Enjoy!!

20140105_174114.jpg

20140105_204401.jpg

20140105_204409.jpg

20140106_184607.jpg

20140106_184617.jpg

20140106_184550.jpg

Hope you all like, comments are welcome! :)
  • @lexD
    @lexD Posts: 340
    Very nice but IMO the stem doesn't look suit the bike other than that top job mate 8)
  • Dawesy92
    Stem may get changed at some point anyway.. just all the parts came off my old bike so will see what wants changing! :) Cheers though!
  • L3BIUS
    I think it looks like a beast! if you get a green seat clamp (same green as stem and grips) i think it will help it all fit together nicely and be a wicked colour scheme! Still good for the 26th?

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    May look into it at some point.. may wait for the purple hope range to be relased ;)

And aslong as the local ride tonight (just on roads) goes well then I will be yeah!
  • Dawesy92
    Well tye short little ride tonight went well, apart from having to move my shifters and brakes when I got back, alls good. Also while out I noticed the pedals are about as usfull as a siv at holding water, so with a cheeky CRC voucher lying in my room I treated myself to some new Candy 3 pedals.

Should hopfully have them for the weekend :)
  • Dawesy92
    Well a little update but no pictures, got the new Candy Pedals and fitted them. Feel much better than the old ones.
    Been on a few rides only to work and back via roads but all feels good, hoping to get out on a better ride sometime soon.

Other bonus is that in the next month of so i should have a new set of wheels, currently e-mailing a few places about possible builds as i know what i want now, not putting them together myself though as i wouldnt have a clue where to start unfortunatly!! :(

So hpofully be able to get them sorted soon! :)
  • Dawesy92
    Well took the bike for its first offroad run, and all i can say is it feels amazing!! Quick and the more you push it, the better it feels! :D

Looking forward to going to Cannock on Sunday now! :D