Schils Hydro Zero.8

Richysticky
Richysticky Posts: 37
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
:D Just finished getting built, measured and fitted, my new 2014 Schils Hydro Zero.8, to replace my Allez that had a fight with a Polo, and took me with it...

11650879636_2413a5bd98_z.jpg
finished zero.8 by rpic - rich webber, on Flickr

Specked it with nice simple 9 speed, 11-25 rear and compact front end for now, but will probably stick a bigger 'small' ring than 34 on eventually, will have to see how it behaves.

First proper ride tomorrow wind permitting, will be nice to get off the bloomin Turbo and do some proper miles again :lol:

Comments

• i've never heard of Schils, some nice racy looking bikes though!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    um.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I think that's the first time I've seen one of these on a forum rather than in the flesh. Also the first time I've seen one that isn't black with red and yellow :-)
  • Where are they made/designed?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    They sell them at a shop near Colchester but I believe they are made in Belgium.
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    I think that's the first time I've seen one of these on a forum rather than in the flesh. Also the first time I've seen one that isn't black with red and yellow :-)

They are mostly in Belgian national colours, but mine is matt black and green, unique to me cause I hate cleaning bikes :) sold from Patrick Schills shop, Interbike, near Colchester,
    designed by Patrick I believe, an ex Belgian pro in a long family history of pros. I trained with them all this year, proper nice team, am racing with them next season :)

First ride out today, for four bloomin weeks, and I gotta say its one of the most responsive and stiff frames I have ridden, feels like it 'wants' to get up hills :D Love it, and I didn't get too wet :lol:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    um.
    ? :P