Canoeing down Everest (TV, Sat)

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
Did anyone else see this? Awesome spectacle of some lads canoeing down the highest river in the world. Inspiring, wonderful scenery, and bonkers white water.

On iPlayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03nh3mz/Endeavour_Everest_By_Canoe/

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Didn't see it but will definitely check it out on iplayer 8)

Used to really be into my freestyle and whitewater kayaking :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    arran77 wrote:

good spot

own a decent canoe - just never get round to using it other than meandering on lakes - crying shame :oops:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

good spot

own a decent canoe - just never get round to using it other than meandering on lakes - crying shame :oops:

I've still got my kayak and all the kit but just like my riding, my kayaking has got far less extreme over the years!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I watched this on iPlayer this afternoon. Excellent in several respects - the filming, the actual challenge and best of all the documentary itself - 45 minutes with virtually no breathless waffle - just the 6 lunatics doing some stunning and dangerous canoeing

I compare this with that 2 part disaster about Ben & James mucking about in the desert - absolute drivel - all personality issues instead of just getting on with it