Spare part for a poc knee/shin pad question

arcadian
arcadian Posts: 35
edited December 2013 in MTB buying advice
Probably in the wrong section, but it's a bit of an odd question so not sure it would fit in mtb workshop :)

Basically the strap on the back of the shin part caught on a pedal (causing a comedy hop, hop, fall in the process), the pressure from that caused the plastic bracket bit that I circled in the picture to ping off, never to be seen again.

The strap is fine, as is the bit on the shin pad the plastic clip was attached to, so I just need to find one to replace it - had no reply from poc's email address so wondered if anyone knew where I could get one, or how I could fix it short of using cable ties?

product_view.jpg

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Thought about asking the place that sold them to you?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Try a cotswold out door shop or similar... you get a lot of these bits on rucksacks and they are always falling off or getting broken. You may not find the exact part, but will get something that is workable
    Bikes:
    Cannondale Killer V 1995 (Promo model) - My first Race bike now converted to a commuter
    Lapierre X-Flow 712 - XC fs rocket
    Pivot Mach 6 - Enduro Machine
    Pinarello FP2 - Roadie
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Thought about asking the place that sold them to you?

I did think about it, but the place being shut over the holidays meant I asked here instead.
    Try a cotswold out door shop or similar... you get a lot of these bits on rucksacks and they are always falling off or getting broken. You may not find the exact part, but will get something that is workable

Cheers, that's a pretty helpful idea. It's a weird length compared to most backpack bits I've seen but hopefully one of the places in town will have something that'll do :)