OT - Running - spikes for juniors

pinkbikini
pinkbikini Posts: 876
edited December 2013 in Commuting chat
Wondering if anyone can help here...my son (11yrs) has been running with a club for a year now and is really keen to get some running spikes. I'm keen to keep encouraging him, so I was wondering if anyone knows where the best shop might be for a good stock of track shoes (spikes). He takes an adult size 6 now, so the choice online is huge, but I really want him to try them on in a shop.

Are spikes something that are typically in low stock levels until spring or will most shops carry stock throughout the year?

Our location is London SW19 (Wimbledon), but prepared to travel a bit if anyone knows somewhere good.

Thanks in advance

Edit: obviously I've asked the club via email but they're on hols at the moment, and I'm keen to purchase in next few days...

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Stab in the dark here, but perhaps give Decathlon a call?

Nearest one to you is probably Surry Quays.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Try Run and Become in Victoria. Almost certain they will have plenty. They letyoumtry the road shoes outside the shop, but maybe they have something similar inside for you to try spikes.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Runners Need is also in Victoria (next to cycle surgery)

Also try Sweatshop in Teddington
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Thanks all. Tried Sweatshop in Teddington - my son is now the proud owner of a garish pair of Brooks spikes in bright yellow. Very happy!