Winter Sports Thread

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,207
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
I know winter sports are quite popular viewing with some of us as a sort of Eurosport crossover outside the cycling season. Having been watching quite a bit over the last few weeks it's lucky the Olympics are in Russia as the a lot of the cross country venues so far have been lacking snow. Asiago (Italy) on at the moment and seems to be relying on imported / man made snow although there's a bit on the surrounding hills. Val Gardena for the Alpine was looking a bit short as well. French alps seem to have a decent covering though.

Anyone else watching much? It will be time to start a Girls of the Winter Olympics thread in BB soon, alpine skiing in particular seems to have more than its fair share of good looking girls.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Pross wrote:
    It will be time to start a Girls of the Winter Olympics thread in BB soon

We won't be allowed to do that, some communter will complain :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Pross...mate...google where Sochi is.

it aint in Siberia! It's closer to Turkey than most of Russia

:roll:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    ddraver wrote:
    Pross...mate...google where Sochi is.

it aint in Siberia! It's closer to Turkey than most of Russia

:roll:

I thought it was up there as I thought you said you were near there when you were working there recently! :oops:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I thought it was too...

(they had the Flame Relay in the city I was in, but I'm assuming that's going all over)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    my winter sport of choice relies on an indoor and very man-made ice rink. The hockey will go ahead so therefore I'm not one bit worried.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I'm annoyed that Bobsleigh/Skeleton has been dropped by Eurosport. That's my winter sport of choice. Thankfully it is still available, live, on Youtube. But, the quality of coverage isn't the same.

The women's Skeleton competition is fantastic. Not only are they great to look at, there are about 5 or 6 girls that could win it every week. We have the World Cup leader, Lizzy Yarnold, and she is a bookies favorite for a medal in Sochi. Unfortunately, the American Noelle Pikus-Pace returned at the end of last season and is in blistering form. She has to the the absolute favorite.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,216
    Biathlon. Mass start.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Biathlon. Mass start.
    +1
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR