I took some snaps at a race in Luxembourg

majormantra
majormantra Posts: 2,094
edited January 2014 in Cyclocross
Thought some here might appreciate this:

http://thesetbackpost.com/cyclocross/differdange2013/

Comments and criticism welcome. :wink:

Comments

• Quite a cool overview, I enjoy reading it!
  • Cool shots, hope you enjoyed it.

- the course looks lovely and wooded, much better than an open, windy grass crit that winds back on itself 100 times,

- the riders look like pro-am or full pros. the kit they're riding is lovely,

- in the shot with the red Ridley, did the rider make it up that embankment or did he dismount 2/3 way up and run? note how they spray painted the wooden steps white so the riders didn't donk right into them

- funny to see a Crelan rider not on a Colnago. This must be some kind of feeder team...

- I love the carbon Carrera, I didn't know they had a new cross frame, looks lovely,

- Nice to see none of those silly discs until the last shot of the Crux. What is cool is it does have the 7850 leccy hydro levers.

Did you see the race unfolding (a la svenness) or were you concentrating on the photos?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Thanks for the comments.

IIRC the Ridley rider dismounted just near the top of the steps, as it was possible to ride up the right hand side. I don't think anyone was riding it the whole way though.

I saw the start of the race, hung around a bit, then nipped up to the pits for a bit, and then came back a lap or two before the finish. The course was such that you couldn't see more than about 10% of it from a single vantage point.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Thought some here might appreciate this

Not wrong there! Thanks for sharing.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.