no TFI Friday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited December 2013 in The Crudcatcher
no need for the normal longing for the w.end :)

today is family time, with some work/study and a run thrown in - but the most important job is spend my Christmas cash :)

Comments

• cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Alright for some..... :evil:

Currently sat doing FA at work, which will be the theme for the next 3 days i would imagine.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Managed to crash my car on my way back to Notts last night. No serious injuries but looks like a couple of write offs so today is being spent skiving work and dealing with insurance.

laters
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:
    Morning,

Managed to crash my car on my way back to Notts last night. No serious injuries but looks like a couple of write offs so today is being spent skiving work and dealing with insurance.

laters

pictures needed!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    ste_t: bad news :(

...but as Mr H says, POIDH

Mornin' window lickers,

Today I may get off my pert arris and do something constructive with my time off.

M'eh. Feck it.

Onwards! To coffee! And further loafing!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning homos,

FUUUUUUUCK it's windy out there!
    No riding for me today then. Might go do a stint on the turbo later. Then again, I might just get wellied instead!
  • matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Morning,

laters

pictures needed!

This.

Also......

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Morning,

laters

pictures needed!

As the person I collided with was on 2 wheels I was a tad busy making sure they were alive so didn't think to get pictures.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    ste_t wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Morning,

laters

pictures needed!

As the person I collided with was on 2 wheels I was a tad busy making sure they were alive so didn't think to get pictures.

do we need to check the communting forum for the latest 'man down' witch hunt? (hope all are ok!)

morning tw@s

got sis and bro in law on way down so house is now tidy!! should think booze will feature!

laters.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

All jesting aside, this is the important bit
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

Depends, if it was indeed a communter Ste has run over, and not (as I suspect) a motorcyclist, he should clearly have reversed and finished the job*. They don't pay road tax, you know.
    Also, if it was a motorcyclist, hopefully it was kowalski, and you've broken all his fingers.

*Sits back and awaits the usual outrage from the angriest cyclists on the planet.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

Depends, if it was indeed a communter Ste has run over, and not (as I suspect) a motorcyclist, he should clearly have reversed and finished the job*. They don't pay road tax, you know.
    Also, if it was a motorcyclist, hopefully it was kowalski, and you've broken all his fingers.

*Sits back and awaits the usual outrage from the angriest cyclists on the planet.

lol
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I'm at work getting shit done before the end of the month.
    I'm also hiding as the house is still recovering and needs tidying!

Anywhoo onwards to more spreadsheets and coffee.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    bg13 wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

lol
    :mrgreen:

That's not not the right thing to do - scrataches your paintwork. Anyhow someone send them a link, we haven't had any outraged communty types being humourless for a while.

I'm off to eat and drink at one of the brother in-laws for the rest of the day. Thankfully it's the one I can actually stand talking to, though he's blotted his copy book by inviting one of the others who is the most boring tw@t on the planet. I'll amuse myself by chatting to his daughters who are quite fit (and over 16 so legit targets) :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

lol
    :mrgreen:

That's not not the right thing to do - scrataches your paintwork. Anyhow someone send them a link, we haven't had any outraged communty types being humourless for a while.

I'm off to eat and drink at one of the brother in-laws for the rest of the day. Thankfully it's the one I can actually stand talking to, though he's blotted his copy book by inviting one of the others who is the most boring tw@t on the planet. I'll amuse myself by chatting to his daughters who are quite fit (and over 16 so legit targets) :twisted:

How bad is he? I mean you are a tax accountant............ :) pictures of the daughters needed
  • Afternoon Losers!

Got a cold this morning, which is more annoying than anything else. Today is going to be spent do a lot of walking, maybe watch a film and then PS3 time. I was going to leave the house, but CBA in this wind!

Later, I'm meeting up with old school friends for our annual beer and curry night. Always a good laugh, and I'm looking forward to it. Should sort the cold out too.

Laters!

EDIT: Yes, we need pictures of everything mentioned, squished communters and fit daughters (as long as they're legal!)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    How bad is he? I mean you are a tax accountant............ :) pictures of the daughters needed
    Why am I thinking of pot, kettle & black? :wink: He is a failed computer programmer who now does gardening for a living. His big hobby and favourite talking point is the chickens he keeps in his back garden and he's told us he's bringing his clarinet along to give us a demo. Tw@t.

Will see what I can do on daughter front without looking like the pervy uncle :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ste_t
    No commuter. Was a guy doing 30mph on a moped on a 70mph road, wearing black, in the dark, with a rear light that didn't appear to work. Only saw him when it was too late to get around him due to his (lack of) speed. When I saw the remains of his moped, I thought he was a gonner for sure.

On a brighter note, my Nissan Micra courtesy car will be here on Monday.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    hate Fridays, up tomorrow at 5 for work :cry:
  • ste_t wrote:

Hmmmmm, not sure that's a brighter note, unless you were driving a rickshaw before.
  • ste_t
    ste_t wrote:

Hmmmmm, not sure that's a brighter note, unless you were driving a rickshaw before.

I was merely implying how fortunate it is that the biggest concern is having to drive a shit car.

I just hope it isn't bright purple
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

no one pays car tax :?
  • POAH wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

Ok, so I get that the P stands for Pedantic, but what about the OAH?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t wrote:

9ucJuRAn.jpg
  • POAH wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    No serious injuries

Ok, so I get that the P stands for Pedantic, but what about the OAH?

Shhhhh, we've got a live one here, don't scare it away.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders, having women troubles. Still, tonight is lots of beer tonight with the cousin while we discuss his wedding stuff, hopefully with as little of the wedding stuff and as much of the beer as possible.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Why am I thinking of pot, kettle & black? :wink: He is a failed computer programmer who now does gardening for a living. His big hobby and favourite talking point is the chickens he keeps in his back garden and he's told us he's bringing his clarinet along to give us a demo. Tw@t.

Will see what I can do on daughter front without looking like the pervy uncle :P

Good point well made :D
  • Stevo_666
    Sorry, no one was taking pics so could not get my exclusive pap shots of the foxy sisters without being found out :( But I did get plenty of free food and drink so I count that as a win :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sorry, no one was taking pics so could not get my exclusive pap shots of the foxy sisters without being found out :( But I did get plenty of free food and drink so I count that as a win :)

but a fail for us