MERRY CHRISTMAS and pressies!

BBH
BBH Posts: 476
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
Dear BR faithful,

Hope u all have a wonderful Christmas with loved ones and enjoy yourselves immensely. If ur working hope it's all ok and u dont stay too long and get home soon to ur families. If ur out for a cheeky ride, enjoy urselves u lucky things!!

Post up ur cycling pressies to make us all jealous ;))

Merry Christmas!!
2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
Twitter: @MadRoadie

Comments

• We celebrated here yesterday, it was great fun. A bit too much to drink, but that's how I want it!

Merry Christmas everyone.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Merry Christmas BR! Go easy on the mince pies ;)

I got a signed Bradley Wiggins photo and a signed Chris Froome photo which are pretty cool. The old man said I can choose what I want so I'm thinking some nice new Dura Ace 9000 hubs :D happy days!
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Happy Christmas to all of you from Swansea.
    I had a shiny new multi tool and mini pump, also a couple of books.
    My daughter had a new bike. Frog 62. Spot the ulterior motive, she should be able to do 30 - 40mile rides with me now.
    Cheers, Dave.
  • Merry Christmas to all BR peeps. No 'cycle-themed' gifts for me, but did get out for my traditional Christmas morning ride today - only an hour or so but its lovely having the roads to oneself. Bring on new challenges for 2014!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Only to myself. I got a 'new' Giant SCR 3.0 frame and a set of discounted 2013 Fulcrum 5's to stick on it.

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Set of Knot Frogs, couple of jersies and a Garmin. Also, £60 so I can spend it on 'necessary' accessories

*spoilt b'stard* :)
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I received the book "Cycling Science". ISBN 978-0-7112-3359-1.

I thought it was going to be a boring text book, but it turned out to be surprise of the day. It is amazingly fun science and nicely illustrated. I recommend it.

Here's some pages:

- Why do some frames have porky tubes?
    - How many cyclists does it take to boil a kettle?
    - Can you make a bike out of polystyrene?
    - Why are mens and womens bikes different?
    - Emitting plasma from your bike frame would reduce drag by 50 watts.
    - Carbon footprint of making vs using cycles.
    - Tandem vs solo bike performance.
    - Why have bikes still used oily chains since 1886?
    - Why does air flow suck?
    - How you can check wheel spokes with a tuning fork?
    - Muscle mass vs body weight? And what muscles need to bulge the most.
    - Should I shave my eyebrows?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Merry Happy Christmas for yesterday everyone.

Well i got some Sidi Hydro GTX winter boots and some Woolie Boolie socks myself. I guess there's no excuse for cold feet any more hey!! :)
  • Graculus
    Graculus Posts: 107
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I got a signed Bradley Wiggins photo and a signed Chris Froome photo which are pretty cool.

Don't put them next to each other!
  • Well from my OH, I got a pair of these winter boots, which I tried out today at temperatures that ranged from 3 degrees, to 0.1 degrees, according to my Edge 800.

I had a pair of these overshoes over the top of them, and for the first winter ride ever, I got home with feet I could still feel.

Amazing. Last winter, cycling was still a huge novelty, so I wasn't so bothered by the fact that more often than not I got home with feet in agony, but this winter I've been dreading going out once it got cold.

Now I just need to sort my hands out. I have full-fingered gloves, but today they got so cold that I was having trouble braking.

Santa also brought £160 of Wiggle vouchers - any recommendations for super warm gloves?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    ben@31 wrote:
    - Emitting plasma from your bike frame would reduce drag by 50 watts.

I got £130 pounds of Wiggle vouchers. I was going to put it towards a set of rollers but I am definitely buying a plasma emitter instead now :wink:

Went out for a boxing day run with the club this morning but dropped out a few miles in - not feeling well at all :oops: . The problem with overindulgence is that it is so enjoyable at the time.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Did alright here;

Sportful gillet
    Both the Ned Boulting books
    This book(although mine apparently didn't come from Amazon);http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyclepedia-Tour-Iconic-Bicycle-Designs/dp/0500515581/ref=pd_sim_b_2
    Crud roadracer 2 mudguards
    Halfrauds bike cover
    Motogp calendar
    Wileda muscle rub
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Graculus wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I got a signed Bradley Wiggins photo and a signed Chris Froome photo which are pretty cool.

Don't put them next to each other!

Hahah :lol:

Just looking for a Fabian Cancellara signed print and then I'll get them all framed and put up on the wall.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Cycling related gifts as follows ....

Garmin Touring
    K edge mount
    And two books .. Reading the race & Project Rainbow.

Not too shabby ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Sadly no biking gifts but I did get a candy floss machine.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    Sadly no biking gifts but I did get a candy floss machine.

If ya start using that regularly you'll definitely need to be putting the miles in on the bike! :D
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971

Santa also brought £160 of Wiggle vouchers - any recommendations for super warm gloves?

Honestly, the best "full winter" gloves I have had cost £10 from ALDI (and despite being a big ALDI fan, I am not an ALDI cyclist - all my kit it "proper" I.e. Off Wiggle!!) - I got so fed up with being let down by expensive winter gloves that I tried these in desperation, and have never had cold hands since,

They are meant as full winter gloves, but I often wear them in cold windy (but not freezing) weather.

They look like big squishy 5 finger ski gloves, but are surprisingly dexterous