flamin candles!!

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
sat watching a film last night and had some of these little 'tea tree candles' the ones in little silver containers merrily burning away inside some glass bowl candle lights, when noticed one of them started getting brighter and flaring. I was transfixed watching this thinking 'blimy never seen that happen before' when it flared even more the glass bowl it was in broke in half and candle rolled onto side and onto one of the kids advent calendars that was 6+ inches away and caught fire. I Jumped up and managed to put it out without all of the rest of the xmas cards/decorations etc going same way. Then thought, bu99er if we'd have been out of the room the whole thing would/could have gone very bad. Needless to say all of these candles are now in the bin. Keep your eyes on em!
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    That could have been so much worse...
  • bianchimoon
    Mikey23 wrote:
    That could have been so much worse...
    Scary, had a quick google and it is possible they can flare up if they get low and remaining wax gets to hot and it all burns rather than just the wick.. keep your eyes on 'em lads/lasses
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Curses! Now the incendiary candle plot has failed, we're going to have to go with the sabotaged 240V tree lights, the Semtex in the turkey stuffing, or the Christmas pudding grenade!

More tea light extreme horror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seaGeAIh ... 7806524155

Actually, that's pretty worrying - sounds like the glass holders just aren't safe.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    reminds me of when i were lad, we had these little silvery candle holders with a croc-clip like bit on the underside to attach to branches, candles just sat in a cup in the holder, no covers, just exposed flame

very festive, no idea why the trees never caught fire, careful candle placement i supppse
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • bianchimoon
    RDW wrote:
    Curses! Now the incendiary candle plot has failed, we're going to have to go with the sabotaged 240V tree lights, the Semtex in the turkey stuffing, or the Christmas pudding grenade!

More tea light extreme horror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seaGeAIh ... 7806524155

Actually, that's pretty worrying - sounds like the glass holders just aren't safe.

hahah you forgot the xmas crackers laced with nitro-glycerine! :wink:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    When I were a lad we had gas mantles. Now that was seriously dangerous...