The Christmas Eve Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, my stomach is feeling a lot better. This is good, and I plan on starving myself a little while longer as a) I've lost weight and b) more room for tomorrows monster meal :mrgreen:

Managed all my shopping yesterday, but now need to wrap it all. I'm at work until whenever the most senior member of staff gets bored (though I'm leaving by 1pm shhh) when I'll be free for a week. Woooo

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meant to have been cycling on as I need some exercise - but it's windier than tomorrow after sprouts

Today is work till late lunch and then home, catch up with the family and the to church for the christingle followed by the pub :)

Have a good one you filthy animals
  • just prepped all the food for tomorrow with the better half and the mothership is visiting this year so should be quite a good day tomorrow.....

enjoy tomorrow peeps!
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' exes and double-exes

In work and feeling as rough the north-facing end of a south-bound badger. On the plus side, I can probably contaminate many people whilst I here. Excellent. Also on the plus side, it's the last working day of the year, so I should be on for an early release for good behaviour.

Tomorrow morning was supposed to spent out on the bike, but we'll see if I can breath deeply without coughing up a kidney, first! Loafing may be the order of the day.....

Onwards! There's gotta be coffee somewhere in this crapshack!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Evening lady girls...

Today i am much less full of cold than yesterday though i am coughing this should hopefully spread it at work until they let me leave, which probably wont be early swines!

I feel marginally festive today which is probably a good thing.

Onwards towards home time then a trip down the M4, so beware who ever is on the M4 i will be stalking you!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Today is going to be hell... I've agreed to do the festive 500 on strava with a mate over the next 7 or 8 days, the distance itself isn't a problem. The problem is it means I've got to get out on the sodding road bike today in this bloody weather for 3 or 4 hours. At the moment I'm in bed, this may not change for a while yet.

TTFN
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning crudites,
    Interesting drive in, cars littered by the side of the road after driving through massive puddles. its not oftern we get any weather down here in the south east.
    Last night was a mix of moving furniture around (stabbed myself in my palm with my floor standing speaker spikes) and building up the new bike, wife is insisting on calling it Kazza as she gets fed up with me refering to my other ladies. 90% there now just waiting on the Pikes to turn up.
    So come new year Beyonce will be up for sale and i can order those spangly carbon all mountain wheels i've been hankering after.
    anywhoo I'll be at "work" until i get bored and then attempt to get through the traffic.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning losers.

What a healthy bunch of feckers you lot are :P

Another fence to prop up after last nights wind, nothing to do with stuffing and sprouts, then off to family on the south coast for a couple of days, back up to family here for another couple of days then home for more chillage 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Mornin' crudders,
    A morning of nothingness at work today. A few punters will phone and ask stupid questions about why they can't get their stuff delivered tomorrow or some such.
    Interesting sight on the way in this morning. A fence had blown down, not unusual in itself, to reveal a garden with full fence to fence red carpet.
    Anyway, hope you all enjoy the festive break. I'm off to think about my entry for the 2014 death pool.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Bonus full-english in work. Get in!!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Morning chaps.

2 hour endurance ride in the sun (who expected that?) with some mates, then a walk in the woods to the pub with Mrs Mpatts. Meet some mates there, booze, mince pie, wobble home.

At some point I need to buy some supplies (not least I remebered this morning that I have forgotten Mrs Mpatts table present). Unfortunately she's left for work already so I can't measure the wiper blades on her car.
    Insert bike here:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning tw@s,

bit busy on here today, by the sound of it some of you should put yourselves on the new year death pool list!

last minute shop early this morning to beat the locusts now for some house fettling before the bottom feeder stacks for her xmas hols.

hope santa is good to you all

toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning all

Had an unexpected night out last night with the gf and a few friends we've not seen in a while as they all live various places around the globe. But have woken up hangover free :)

Last if the Xmas shopping has been done, I need to collect my car from the pub and then I can start drinking again :)

Merry Christmas bumders
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Morning Gays

Sitting on a pointless conference call at the moment. Once this is done, I am finally free.

Xmas shopping done and dusted. Off to see family and friends this afternoon for drinks and food, then more boozing back at home later tonight.

Let the eating and drinking commence !

Merry Xmas all
  • Alreet crimblers.

A few too many red wines last night so I smell like a micro brewery, work will consist of specing steelwork and wrapping the mrs pressies then home at lunch to prep tomorrows dinner.

Bike? What bike, I'd have to dust it down first as it hasn't had a serious ride since, well, I've forgotten when.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Is it possible to skip tomorrow entirely?
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    You'll need lots of energy. Plus presents & sh1t might get in the way.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Really looking forward to tomorrow with the kids.

My daughter has a scooter coming to her and it is going to be great teaching her how to ride it. My son has a new bike coming - Islabike Beinn 20. It will be his first geared bike and it is going to be even better going out for rides with him as he will be so much quicker - he has long since out grown the gearing on his Cnoc 16.

And that is even before we get to grown up activities of eating the finest food and drinking the finest wine and beer all day long! Superb!
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Perusing the sales, show me the bargains.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Afternoon Gimps,

Off to in laws to be fed and watered shortly. I'm driving so will get h'd when I get home tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Crap awful day, visit to the Drs out of hours last night as I'm having severe dizyness and nausea, diagnosed as a viral infection, warned off driving and my balance is shot so riding is a no no as well, at least normally I can stay up rubber side down on road sections! Still feel crapola and can't drink (too much anyway) either due to the meds, hopefully feeling better tomorrow!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    BAH HUMBUG!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    just looking through the telly pages to see if there is anything worth recording over the xmas period! answer is no! but while looking there is a few old top of the pops episodes.

Must have been difficult to know which ones to show that don't include Sav1lle and L3e Travis!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Doing the Xmas Raffle at work ipads,laptops cash prizes, 10ft dinosaur and clogs as possible winning items
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Back in Llandudno for the first time since the CCC2CC. Off for a beer.
  • Feel like death and to add to the mix I also have a tooth/gum infection, maybe its a dose of the bad aids. Anywho guess who has to try and ring the only emergency dentist in the whole city up tomorrow morning to try and get an appointment.

Merry xmas everyone