New toy for summer

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
Returning to mallorca on jan 25th to move back home after a winter of having to work in the uk. Cant wait to get home back riding and back living with the family. Been a long five months hardly ridden at all over here so taking a new toy back to help get my mojo back. Still have scott for road duties.

image_zps949d9a75.jpg

Comments

• markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Very nice jeff,what wheels are they?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Looks nice and aggressive
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    Yes, I very much like that too.

Why did you go for non-Di2?
  • it's not been lower than -5C or so yet therefore winter hasn't even started in thh UK yet.......quit yer whining! :wink:
    Enjoy!
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    markyone wrote:
    Very nice jeff,what wheels are they?

looks like the non-logo Planet X 82/101 wheelset
  • Sexy bike! My next project is a TT bike on a budget.
  • Yep your right planet x 101 and 82 with a jacket for the rear. I went sram red and non di2 as thats what it came with ;-)
    I bought it secondhand shop demo hardly used. Has zipp r2c shifters which seem pretty good. Just fancy a nice tt bike for a bit of fun. As for the weather jesus i know its not even started here yet but my god am i ready to go home! Roll on jan 25th! Chapeau to you all who ride through winter. I will have to when i move back to the uk one day but for now mallorca calls.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Ledeev wrote:
    Yes, I very much like that too.

Why did you go for non-Di2?

Why do you really need Di2 for TT'ing? It's just not necessary. Di2 is designed to improve efficiency of gear changing and in TT's you should be really limiting gear changing all together. Once you've built up from the start and settled to your gear, that's it.

Nice looking piece of kit Jeff :) Get yourself back out to the training ground and riding hard!
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Thanks, my thoughts too hardly change gear on the tt bike. Having tried sram red for the first time i think id have that over di2 next time its got a great feel to it.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks awesome on those wheels