Bauke 2014

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited January 2014 in Pro race
Looking forward to this...hope he gets more than 5 days of racing in May though
BcLVIU6IEAAG4cR.jpg

Comments

• Looks like a schedule that gets off to a brisk start then has just 8 days racing between the 20th April and 14th June.

I suppose modern racing is all about targeting key race days.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Looks like a schedule that gets off to a brisk start then has just 8 days racing between the 20th April and 14th June.

"grumble, grumble, not like in my day, grumble"

:wink:

"grumble, grumble, not like in my day, grumble"

:wink:

exactly, a sturdy steel frame and a sack full of amphetamine was all that was required back in the day. None of this results by scientific innovation and fastidious and meticulous preparation and planning leading to wild and unfounded drug taking accusation hysteria don't you know!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Not sure if this is geo-restricted, but this was repeated the other day on the telly and I couldn't remember anyone posting it here.

De Tour van Bauke: http://nos.nl/video/548863-de-tour-van-bauke.html

Following Mollema and Belkin at the tour obviously. In Nederlands but it's still an interesting view of the Tour even if you don't understand much. There is some great footage from behind the scenes and from inside the team car. And of course ECHELON!!!! stage is included, with discussions about how they planned it etc. and during the stage conversations between the Saxo car and the Belkin car over Valverde's crash and Belkin's decision to keep riding, described as 'really f**king sh*tty' by Saxo DS who says Saxo will not help drive the gap...
    Correlation is not causation.