majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Nice! Going to race it?
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Lovely, lovely, lovely! Enjoy it!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Reminds me of the bobsleigh from cool runnings. Looks awesome, makes me want to sing this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWhkKVvqHU
  • Love it :D In the process of building one up myself! Thanks for some more ideas! Have you ridden it yet? Would love to know a little ride review on it?
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    Why the 25mm Pave tubs?

If the answer is 'because they're green' then fair play, it looks perfect.
  • I nearly always ride paves, clinchers and tubs. The roads around Surrey and Kent are awful and I like to ride 80-90 psi.

The new paves are really nice.

If I go to the continent or whatever ill ride veloflex carbon/master but they're too fragile for UK most of the year.

Carbons are my favourites.

I've given the bike a bit of a blast. Seems nice so far. Geo is bang on and very close to my c59, handling feels very similar.

Hope to get out more between Xmas and new year.
  • That looks lovely, enjoy 8)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    That looks amazing! Have you got any shallow rims? Would look great with a 'spring classics' kind of vibe.
  • This is how it will normally exist...

I have some fulcrum r5s for when the salt hits the roads.

09CE7F46-511A-4278-873E-7AAE3E417A40-14910-00001612074EE8ED_zps56b9ec2e.jpg
  • Very very nice, and one of the few bikes I have seen where coloured tires actually look right.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    That is the only modern race bike I actually like.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    That is REALLY nice. Want.
  • chewymk4
    chewymk4 Posts: 128
    Pretty much perfect! :D Love it!
    [url][/url]Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2014
    Genesis Equilibrium custom build
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=cb784&r=3&c=6&u=M&g=p&f=bcodefjlhk&z=a.png
  • Sweet... love it!

Only thing, I really don't like those "bird's beak like" saddles... it would look ace with an Arione or similar

Other than that, spot on!
    left the forum March 2023
  • chewymk4
    chewymk4 Posts: 128
    Ugo - disagree on the saddle - reckon the Romin looks the business - they don't curve as much as you think.
    They are also probably the comfiest saddle i have ridden

Of course i may be biased as i have them on Enigma Extensor and my Genesis! :D
    [url][/url]Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2014
    Genesis Equilibrium custom build
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=cb784&r=3&c=6&u=M&g=p&f=bcodefjlhk&z=a.png
  • Paul 8v
    Arione is OK until you sit on it, they're OK if you have the pelvis of a seven year old but too thin for me!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Favourite bike on here at the moment, combination of Materials, Geometry and Colour scheme.
    Just looks right in all departments. I 'm considering my next build and have same groupset and some Ksyriums and was originally thinking of going titanium, but this has made me think.

Never ridden an 853 frame , except on an Orange MTB, But I think at my age (43) if I can keep the weight down this might be a good option.

Please put some more details up about the way it rides, as soon as you can. Full builds are impossible to find as a demo as Genesis are only offering framesets.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Looks great, would also be interested to hear how it rides.

I must admit, I'm not a Romin fan, tried one and found it uncomfy. I use an Arione, I think saddles with a similar rounded shape seem to favour/make it easier to get into a more aggressive position.
  • Caleido
    Caleido Posts: 21
    Thanks for the nice comments!

The romin suits the way I ride and has given me an extra 20mm reach coming from a flat saddle (a toupe).

On the flat saddle I slouch into it arching my back for purchase. On a romin evo it makes me rotate my pelvis and straighten my back into the saddle hence changing to a 130 stem from 110. It also makes using the drops much nicer due to the taper on the nose. It irritated my lower back initially but a year on it's perfect and I have them on all bikes.

Re the ride - I'll give more views at the end of the month. I've lost quite a bit of fitness over Xmas so don't feel 100% at all on the bike and that will cloud my judgement.

For now, I like it. My main bike is a 56 Colnago C59 which fits and handles very similar. I picked the Volare because of this. It is stiff enough for me at 80kg, more so than any titanium bike I've ridden. I would say its equally as comfortable as my Colnago in terms of road noise, front end is firm in a good way, it's not a super plush noodley steel frame.

Let me get 1000 miles on it and I'll compare to a bunch of bikes after.
  • Caleido
    I've just had to put this in the classifieds..
  • Paul 8v
    Damn, but congratulations on the other thing!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    If only it were bigger :(
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Caleido
    Thanks!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Why are you selling it? Are the Enve SMARTS or Classics? If they're Smarts I'd take your wheels off you...

I love your frame sizing, given the saddle setback and stem spacers you could easily have gone for the next size up, but you didn't. Bravo!

Is it your fish-eye camera or is the quite a deep drop bar?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Caleido
    Hi

I'm due to become a dad and have too many bikes! Need to clear space and raise cash to build a new bedroom.

I'm keeping the enves, I love them and went through the hassle of rebuilding the rear on a da hub, perfect. They're 3.4s.

I sold all my other nice dura ace tubs already, 35s and a mint pair of c24, that was a wretch. Guess you can only ride one pair at a time so kept the 3.4

The bar is an fsa compact so no, just 125mm drop.

And yes I deliberately picked this size over a 56. To me it's just right like that. I prefer being more stretched out over a smaller frame, feels better. Choosing a size is also about handling right?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Genius Genesis...