Carrera gryphon

12borebaz
12borebaz Posts: 6
edited December 2013 in Road beginners
Hi all new to bike radar so please be gentle with me. :)
I really fancy a carrera gryphon and was wondering if anyone knew of any vouchers that would be redeemable with halfords. Would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    No vouchers I know of but I can tell you its a good bike. Decent spec and surprisingly light for the money.

I've just ordered one myself for C2W.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • I have read some reviews and they all seem positive. I am getting quite excited about getting this bike (OMG I can't believe how sad I sound). I want a road bike and this seems to tick all my boxes, just thought a bit of discount would be good at Christmas. So good luck with yours and have a good christmas
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Got a Gryphon older model didn't like stock disc brakes upgraded to Avid BB? , saddle, and bottom bracket (really low end model) Fitting guards is a pain working around caliper, need P clips on the left side to make the rod stick out further so not touch calipers.

Good bike haven't used it that much, pretty quick.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Hi. Try Hotukdeals for voucher codes. Also I wouldn't buy any Halfords bike a full RRP, wait for a sale when they are "discounted", straight after Christmas maybe? Then when the price is right, I would order online and collect at store. Done this twice before on wife's and sons bikes, saved a few quid.

I recommend you thoroughly check the bike over when collecting, check wheels run true and free, check the bottom bracket and chain set run smooth, check gears and brakes... not to put you off, but some Halfords bikes are put together badly!!! The Carreras are decent bikes though, despite what some people might say.
  • I don't know of any vouchers but just wamted to chip in with that I had an older Gryphon a few years ago and now I'm on the lookout for a cheap commuter and I'm looking at them again. I wish I hadn't sold my previous one! Enjoy it when you get it!
  • Thanks for the input guys vouchers or not it seems to be a good bike
  • Don't forget,
    British cycling membership gets you 10% off everything in Halfords.