T47b..cxzzz...calling T47b...come in T47b...cxzzz

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,316
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
How did a thread consisting of Bankers, a gay swimmer and a camp bloke with a dodgy beard, make Daviesee come out of the woodwork?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    mmm, this combination will take some time to crack, I think it's a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the imaginary unit, which satisfies the equation i2 = −1 :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    If 'I' is the imaginary unit, then this equation satisfies every unsolved problem.

I do not think that a+bi will be as iconic as E=MC2 but in years to come, I will do my utmost to say it was T47b that came up with that one.
  • team47b
    imaginary numbers were 'thought up' during the renaissance and they allow us to do square roots of negative numbers, I don't know what they did before that.

Anyway I always thought all numbers were imaginary, they live in our heads, which reminds me of the village I grew up in, it seemed like a huge place back then but now it's small enough to fit inside my head :D
  • pinno
    Why on earth would you (or to use the Royal 'one') want to find out the square root of a negative number?
    Did Ernesto Colnago think before he built the Master Olympic "You know, there is no way I can do those long point chromed lugs if I don't know the square root of -7, I might have to go back to working on the dockyardb]*[/b".?

*'Dockyard' - metaphor for any menial, low skilled job.
  • team47b
    Why? To rotate a vector around a common point and possibly stretch it by multiplying a matrix of numbers, obvious really.

I don't know WTF that means either :D

psst, Ernesto, it is 2.64575131 i :roll:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I've said it before but none of us is as clever as wat you is T47 :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    maybe...but I still can't work out what Vtwonk is sayin' :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    That wouldn't prove intelligence, it would just prove you're a loon :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    I've said it before but none of us is as clever as wat you is T47 :P

Don't inflate his ego. It was already too big to fit in the UK. Besides, he thinks he can placate me with some a+bi bollox when there is probably a very honest, perverse reason davisee crawled out from under his stone to reply to the thread in question.
    I still don't have the explanation. It will be one of the great unsolved conundrums of 2013.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Man can work out the square root of minus one, but try it on a computer and it fails miserably.

So T47 must have better brains than a computer!