Custom Felt F1

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
Going to start my own thread for this one....

Just finished building and completed test ride.

2013 Felt F1 frameset custom built by me.

Dura Ace Di2 shifters and front mech
Ultegra Di2 rear mech (keeps it 10-speed).
Berner Cage (longer to fit up to 32T, plus oversized jockey wheels for slightly less resistance)
3T Ergonova Steal bars with internal routing
3T Arx LTD stem
3T Dorico post
Selle SMP Full Carbon Lite Saddle
Power2Max Chainset
Rotor Q-Rings
Elite Stealth Bottle Cages
3T Mercurio 40 LTD Tubular wheels with Vittoria Corsa Tubs
Look Keo Blade Aero Pedals
TRP R879 Brakes
Nokon Cables
Various KCNC Bits

Pics:
F1_zpsb2d7b407.jpg
F5_zps3d9d658e.jpg
F4_zps55d3a52c.jpg
F3_zps24ce0a06.jpg
f2_zps80248742.jpg

Cheers all!

Colin

Comments

• That's really nice, like the touches of green.

What are the 3T wheels like?
  • Pokerface
    That's really nice, like the touches of green.

What are the 3T wheels like?

Been using them for the past year now. I like them. Much stiffer than Zipp 303s. Light and fast. And I believe they are going to improve them again in coming months/years with lighter hubs, better braking surfaces, smaller spokes slots, etc.

I highly recommend the 40's. They also do a 60 and 80 (which I use on my TT bike) but these still need work to make them better than Zipps.
  • Very nice indeed, just had a flick through the Felt thread and i'm certainly swaying towards getting one!
  • Pokerface
    I must admit that the ride is nowhere near as good as my Cervelo R5. It's a superb bike and all, but so far the Cervelo is the best I've ridden (for me).

I'll give this one some time to see how it beds in. Still dialling in position.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I like the green cables and that top cap really nice touches, might get some blue cables when mine wear out.

Just went on the 3T website and noticed you're on the homepage.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    awesome, kinda p|sses all over my F1 lol!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    How do you find the power and modulation of the TRP's as compared to DA calipers?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Very nice , But whats the rationale behind it. Mountain TT's or just a training bike for lumpy areas,
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    tim wand wrote:
    Very nice , But whats the rationale behind it. Mountain TT's or just a training bike for lumpy areas,

Could just be a race bike, or a bike to ride? :lol:

Really cool bike though - nice accents. Eye catching but not OTT. W
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Shame there's no consistency to the hues of green Colin, doesn't matter though, it's still a fun nod to the Emerald Isle.
  • Pokerface
    Grill wrote:
    How do you find the power and modulation of the TRP's as compared to DA calipers?

I have the DA ones on another bike. They are both great brakes. I prefer the TRP as they are a similar price, weigh less, and look better. They work almost the same.
  • Pokerface
    tim wand wrote:

Backup race bike. Built it light to use as a climbing bike (I have some REALY light wheels for that). And a good training bike for nice/warm/dry weather.

I also have a race bike (Cervelo R5) and an everyday bike (Look 695).
  • Pokerface
    mfin wrote:
    Shame there's no consistency to the hues of green Colin, doesn't matter though, it's still a fun nod to the Emerald Isle.

Yeah, gotta work with what you can find.

But when you're going fast enough, no one can tell the difference. :)
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Very nice but, out of interest, why such a huge cassette? I wouldn't have thought you'd need it?

Rob
  • Pokerface
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Very nice but, out of interest, why such a huge cassette? I wouldn't have thought you'd need it?

Rob

Just put it on actually as a test to see if it would work. Would only be used on special climbing wheels for days where I'm sat doing hard climbs for hours on end. Artificial leg makes seated climbing harder for me. So even though I could get up anything with a 28, having a 32 will make certain things easier.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looks great, especially the front with the green cables and 3T logo
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Valy wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Could just be a race bike, or a bike to ride? :lol:

Really cool bike though - nice accents. Eye catching but not OTT. W

Knowing the rest of Colins Stable, I just didn't know how this one fitted in (But N+1 must apply even more when your a World champ)

Hopefully it will be another one of his stable he'll let go at a really good price (this time to me though, not my mates wife)

P.s Debbie is loving the bike and posted a sub 30 ten on it.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Love the touches of green Colin :wink:

You forgot the Superstar Components Garmin mount though, if only they came in green! :mrgreen:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice one...
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    That Garmin mount is sweet - so glad I browsed this thread.

Is it any good and can you turn it round 90deg to mount on tri-bars?
  • Pokerface
    Ledeev wrote:
    That Garmin mount is sweet - so glad I browsed this thread.

Is it any good and can you turn it round 90deg to mount on tri-bars?

That mount is sized for oversized handlebars so I doubt it would fit tri-bars. I also have a K-Edge mount that is exactly the same - both are great. K-Edge do one for TT bars.
  • Colin, where did you get the top cap for the stem?
  • Pokerface
    richiegwy wrote:
    Colin, where did you get the top cap for the stem?

KCNC - available from Clee Cycles in the UK. Or eBay. KCNC make a lot of cool coloured bits. Bolts, skewers, handlebar end caps, spacers, etc.
  • ledeev
    I like what you've done with the Dura Ace STIs and Ultegra 10s RD. Any reason why your sticking to 10s?

I predict that in a few months, spare 10s Di2 RDs will become ultra rare!
  • Pokerface
    Ledeev wrote:
    I like what you've done with the Dura Ace STIs and Ultegra 10s RD. Any reason why your sticking to 10s?

I predict that in a few months, spare 10s Di2 RDs will become ultra rare!

Because not all my wheels are 11-speed. And none of my cassettes.

There will be a god supply of 10-speed parts for a while still I think :)
  • Did you have to modify the chainrings to get them to fit with the power2max cranks, I couldn't get them to fit.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Doubtful. I run Rotor Q's on my P2M (Rotor 3D) with no issues. Are your compact? You may have to if they are...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • ledeev
    I run solid FSA rings on my P2M. I had to assemble the rings to the spider before fitting the whole lot to the crank. Easy with the P2M tool.
  • Pokerface
    Did you have to modify the chainrings to get them to fit with the power2max cranks, I couldn't get them to fit.

No - they fit straight out of the box. I hear there is an issue only with the compact ones.
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Did you have to modify the chainrings to get them to fit with the power2max cranks, I couldn't get them to fit.

No - they fit straight out of the box. I hear there is an issue only with the compact ones.

Ah, yes mine is a compact.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'