Transition Covert 26"

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
edited April 2014 in Your mountain bikes
So just about finished my latest build, Transition Covert. Just a few more bits to change, different crank for one, brake hose and reverb hose lengths and routing needs some work, maybe some more heavy duty wheels. I will be buying some red floating rotors and a few other bits and bobs on payday. Took it out in the FOD this weekend, really happy with it. Climbs well enough, sure footed back down. Didnt push it hard at all as it was slippy as fook! Will update as and when i upgrade bits:
Spec:
Transiton Covert 26" Medium
Fox 36 Talas
FOx RP23
Rock Shock Reverb
Hope Pro2's with Specialized Purgortory Control 2.3's (i love these tyres)
XT Shaddow + with Hope red Anno Jockey
Race Face NW 34t front ring, on SLX crank with Hope Bash
KMC Gold Chain (only using as its new would like silver)
Leonardi General Lee 42t Cassette adapter
Easton Haven Polished Bars with Superstars Grip
Hope 50mm Polished Stem
Fizik Gobi saddle
Hope Tech M4 Brakes with Goodrich hoses
Saint pedals

p5pb10435823.jpg

p5pb10435866.jpg

Dirty Shot
p5pb10439156.jpg

Comments

• DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Very nice indeed

I do like these frames a lot

How you finding the General Lee ?
  • russyh
    Getting on fine with the General Lee to be honest, its working really well. The delay in shifting from the standard XT part of the cassette to the GL is not noticeable to me out on the trail. So really happy with it currently, i dont miss the the double at all. May toy with some different front rings over the next few months, otherwise i would recommend he General Lee to anyone, if they wanted to Run 1x10 but didnt have the legs for standard cassette/front ring.
  • Nice ride!!
    Intrigued about the cassette mod too. Looking to modify my 1x10 setup on the Remedy but i think the general lee is a bit pricey. For noe may just go with a 32t narrow/wide up front until more companies start manufacturing some different options. though i do like the look of the one-up design.
    Gravity-Fed Media - A page to showcase my MTB and Snowboard Edits

http://www.facebook.com/GFM2005
  • F**king lovely.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    whitey161 wrote:
    Nice ride!!
    Intrigued about the cassette mod too. Looking to modify my 1x10 setup on the Remedy but i think the general lee is a bit pricey. For noe may just go with a 32t narrow/wide up front until more companies start manufacturing some different options. though i do like the look of the one-up design.

There will a few more oneUP style adapters on the new year from the likes of wolf tooth and absolute black and possibly a few others, most will be significantly cheaper than a general lee and should shift a bit better, keep an eye out, they're going to be very popular!
  • russyh
    I am with lawman here, really happy with my General lee. But i will look at the other single ring options when they become available early next year. My only issue with the General Lee is not the shifting as for me it works absolutely fine. More around how long it will last given its price tag.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Russyh wrote:
    I am with lawman here, really happy with my General lee. But i will look at the other single ring options when they become available early next year. My only issue with the General Lee is not the shifting as for me it works absolutely fine. More around how long it will last given its price tag.

Yeah as a stop gap they're pretty good, but they're bloody expensive, they aren't going to shift as well across the 3 or 4 cog range dependant on your cassette and tbh I can't see them lasting that well as they're aluminium. A good product no doubt and props to leonardi for having a go at it, but I'm glad that there's soon going to be cheaper, better performing and hopefully longer lasting products.

Bikes looking good though RussyH, saw a few in tweeks t'other day, including a carbon one. Very nice!
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    That is bloody lovely!........
  • russyh
    *AJ* wrote:
    That is bloody lovely!........

Cheers mate, white mucky nuts ordered and hope shimano matchmaker to help clean up bars, also was hoping my brake fluid would turn up before Xmas, my stock bottle leaked all over some tools so I have to wait to sort hoses and bleed brakes. Red titanium bolts for cockpit is next. Then red floating rotors!
  • russyh
    Well, had a bit of a rough time of late and have not been out on the Covert for a while. Got conned buying a set of new Pikes (long story, wont go into it.) So bike has been out of action for a while.

So the next chapter i guess in terms of Covert project. she is now fitted with a set of X Fusion slants, Superstars floating rotors, Hope Pro2 Evo polished hubs with Nukeproof Generator rims, Fox CTD Kashima shock, Polished saint cranks, I replaced the General lee with a One Up 42t cassette adapter..... its all about as far ias i am going to go with her now. Some cosmetic titanium bits will be ordered from my buddy at probolt shortly, albeit bot in red (cant get red titanium apparently)

The Oneup ring is absolutely brilliant, much better than the General lee setup i had previously. I am going to switch to a medium cage mech at some point in the future, but with the Raceface W/N its a great setup.
    Fox CTD shock is much nicer than the old RP23, and the Xfusion Slants are frankly lovely! So Plush, just a million times better than my previous Fox forks. Albeit it is early days. All in all really happy with how the bike rides and looks. Just a few bits to change over the next few months, then to hammer it through the summer.

p4pb10618915.jpg
    p4pb10618921.jpg
    p4pb10618916.jpg
    p4pb10618928.jpg
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Looks awesome, always been a fan of Transitions..
    Bet it's awesome to ride
  • russyh
    Cheers mate, I love it. To be honest it's well OTT for me at the moment, but hopefully time on the bike will see me start to get the most out of it!
  • bennyy
    bennyy Posts: 141
    is it a reverb stealth your using?
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Luverly!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • russyh
    Cheers for compliments guys no it is a standard reverb,