Tiernan Locke back training with SKY!

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited December 2013 in Pro race
Bb3Tjv2CUAA328f.jpg

Comments

• meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Does he have to wear that red suit while under investigation?
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • That's old man Horner in his Vuelta winner's jersey ...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That's old man Horner in his Vuelta winner's jersey ...
    :mrgreen:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    That's Michele in the middle
  • I can only name one of those Sky riders - Eisel. Maybe Kennaugh on the far right. I suppose thats what you get from factory goods rather than hand made artisan goods - difficult to tell apart.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    I can only name one of those Sky riders - Eisel. Maybe Kennaugh on the far right. I suppose thats what you get from factory goods rather than hand made artisan goods - difficult to tell apart.

Though to be fair, you had difficulty recognising Francesco Moser the other day. He was certainly hand crafted by a master craftsman, who probably killed himself when he was finished knowing he would never be able to produce anything better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I can only name one of those Sky riders - Eisel. Maybe Kennaugh on the far right. I suppose thats what you get from factory goods rather than hand made artisan goods - difficult to tell apart.

Though to be fair, you had difficulty recognising Francesco Moser the other day. He was certainly hand crafted by a master craftsman, who probably killed himself when he was finished knowing he would never be able to produce anything better.

Fair comment. My only defence is he was way before my time and looked different to the photos I'd seen of him as well as being focused on Hinault's awesomeness.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • far right is swifty? and far left rowe?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    I can only name one of those Sky riders - Eisel. Maybe Kennaugh on the far right. I suppose thats what you get from factory goods rather than hand made artisan goods - difficult to tell apart.

Fair comment. My only defence is he was way before my time and looked different to the photos I'd seen of him as well as being focused on Hinault's awesomeness.

Forget Hinault. Moser was right up your street. You'd have loved him to bits. Souplesse, elan, panache, elegance just oozing from him.

Check out P-R 1979
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhh7VPlI2_o

And ps - he was a touch before my time as well really.
  • Yeah loved the 78 win too - just floating over the cobbles. I remember thinking how amazing it was that he got so low and for so long.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12681774
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Yeah loved the 78 win too - just floating over the cobbles. I remember thinking how amazing it was that he got so low and for so long.

Nice thread.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    In Cyclist magazine this month, in the article on riding around Nice, Bobby Julich came and had a coffee with the author along with three Sky riders, and they then rode off together on a training/recovery ride. Just because you have left the team doesn't mean you are not allowed to go anywhere near them again I suppose...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    In Cyclist magazine this month, in the article on riding around Nice, Bobby Julich came and had a coffee with the author along with three Sky riders, and they then rode off together on a training/recovery ride. Just because you have left the team doesn't mean you are not allowed to go anywhere near them again I suppose...

Well, Bobby J's not the devil incarnate...

It's definitely Rowe next to Eisel and I think that's Puccio on the other side of Santa.

Why is Santa only in his socks?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Ridgerider wrote:

Well, Bobby J's not the devil incarnate...
    I'd to see them try to stop them talking to dopers. Keeping Fran Millar and David Millar apart might be particularly tricky.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yeah loved the 78 win too - just floating over the cobbles. I remember thinking how amazing it was that he got so low and for so long.

Nice thread.

I love the quote from Saronni on beating Moser to the World Championship
    Today, I would have beaten him on a ladies bike in my slippers
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

It's definitely Rowe next to Eisel and I think that's Puccio on the other side of Santa.

Why is Santa only in his socks?

Fear not ATC - he's practicising safe sox

To round off the line up, that's either Edmondson or Boswell between Puccio and Swifty
  • Saronni wrote:
    Today, I would have beaten him on a ladies bike in my slippers

img_2717.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

To round off the line up, that's either Edmondson or Boswell between Puccio and Swifty
    Boswell is Santa
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What one is JTL in this picture?
  • sjmclean wrote:
    What one is JTL in this picture?

clue:he's in disguise!
  • Or he's the photographer....you decide!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I could have sworn I saw JTL this afternoon riding just outside Newport. There was a rider in full Endura kit and as I passed in the car it really looked like him. Three things make me doubt it though - he didn't look to be going very hard for a pro training ride (hard to judge when driving towards him), I can't think why he would be riding that road and he was in shorts but wearing an old kit would make sense as he probably isn't allowed to train in Sky kit at present.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I thought he was supposed to be training in Mexico...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    I thought he was supposed to be training in Mexico...

Don't think Bristol's anywhere near Mexico
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    What we need is a diagram…
    QR001_Guidelines_nine.png
    Ref: Joelsim's CS thred.