Solstice Saturday

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited December 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Wakey wakey losers :wink:

Shortest day of the year, the evenings are drawing out again, soon be spring :wink:

Actually it's still dark and pi$$ing it down :roll:

Off out later for a Santa cruise on the local canal with the children, then mince pies and warm drinks, hopefully mulled wine 8)
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

off to the sister-in laws for Christmas part one - could do without it as even by my normal standards I have drank way too much recently. Therefore I'm going to cycle there to try and clear a few toxins out - it's a nice 100 miles :)

Then it's champagne
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Morning all, nice bright looking day here, but laid up with the remains of a bit of a bug, still maybe get time to do a full service on one of the bikes today as both commuter and MTB need some TLC.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    morning

off to the sister-in laws for Christmas part one - could do without it as even by my normal standards I have drank way too much recently. Therefore I'm going to cycle there to try and clear a few toxins out - it's a nice 100 miles :)

Then it's champagne

If the weather up there is anything like down here, good luck :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Not sure what to do today. Probably just relax, then pub this evening.
  • Morning Losers!
    Well yesterdays staff do proved interesting. The meal was a rip off, what they call a "Christmas Dinner" I would call a snack. And the lemon posset thing was way to heavy leaving me feeling rubbish. Never mind, managed to walk to the train station with a lady, had a good snog before heading to Bury, so not the worst day, but interesting.

Today, some shopping shall be done, then I'm carol singing (again) tonight.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Never mind, managed to walk to the train station with a lady, had a good snog before heading to Bury, so not the worst day, but interesting.
    I've told you about those women that hang around the back of the train station wearing far too little for the time of year.

Afternoon Felchers,

First day of the hols and I've just splashed a £100 down the supermarket to get us stocked up for the rest of the year. Rain has stopped any form of play so looks like it'll be TV and dossing for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Cambridge to Lincoln this morning for the annual meet up to toast a fallen comrade! Been five years but still get a good turn out.
    The rest of the lads are on it but i decided to come home and be a good boy!

Afternoon of sport and shizzle now, food and booze later!

toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning at the riding school in the end, afternoon of dossing, wrapping presents (super organised) and sorting out my life in general. Pub shortly, but before then I should probably get the bike sorted for the uplift tomorrow as I can't see me wanting to do it in the morning.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Never mind, managed to walk to the train station with a lady, had a good snog before heading to Bury, so not the worst day, but interesting.
    I've told you about those women that hang around the back of the train station wearing far too little for the time of year.
    But it's Christmas, and it was a good offer!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    morning

Then it's champagne

If the weather up there is anything like down here, good luck :wink:

I wimped out and did a short cut 78 miles took 5hrs - it was horrific
  • Good evening everyone!

Went into town to pick up my new saddle. Missed it yesterday morning as i was still in bed! Played a bit of golf last night with some mates from where i used to work, and was really tired as i got home so late. Boy am i crap at golf... while i was in town today i thought id go get some cards for the parents. The card shop was a shambles! (expected really) I felt like a sardine...

Really looking forward to getting out on the bike tomorrow, it shall be my first group ride, and probably the best ride, and definitely the longest ride ive had. Good opportunity to test my fitness and my new saddle.

Tonight will be TV and an early night. Laters! :)
  • Well I have finally recovered from Mad Friday. Today involved much moping about feeling sorry for myself while consuming copious amounts of pig meat.

I did some more work on the van and it is almost fully insulated, though I found what looks like a bullet hole in one of the wheel arches, I'm not really sure how it got there as the liner is intact and can't imagine a stone doing that damage, can't find one in the cavity anywhere either. So that needs to be patched before I can complete the insulation, though I may utilise the hole to run some wires about though it could be an ideal point to run a wire for an electrical hook up and turn it into more of a camper than first expected.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Toodles.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.