Lapierre Zesty 514 2011 Front Mech Mount

superchoward
superchoward Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've recently bought a Lapierre Zesty 514 2011 frame and I'm trying to fit a front mech. After a bit of research i think the frame has been supplied without this part:

http://www.hotlines-uk.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=70444

I have a front mech which clamps around the seat tube but I think I need an e type one like this:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... -prod54895

Can anyone that has a Zesty 2011 frame confirm these are the two parts I need and also where the mount plate actually attaches to the frame? The only place I can see are the 3 ISCG mounts.

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    All you need is the mech. Cheaper models are available of course. You will see there are two bolt holes near the drive side pivot. It bolts to those.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I ordered the front mech in the link and unless I'm missing something it doesn't fit?

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Looking back at the Hotlines plate in my first post it looks like that part would span the gap between the mech and the holes on the pivot?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    How random, my 2011 zesty didn't need that bit!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Most mechs iv bought have already come with that plate as part of the mech as its needed to reach the holes.
  • I've had a look all over the internet and I haven't found a mech with a plate that spans those 2 holes. I'm annoyed that CRC didn't supply the plate with the frame as it wasn't advertised as missing any parts other than the shock and headset. I suppose their argument will be that the plate is brand-specific as you need a different one to fit SRAM and Shimano. Most people will buy the Zesty's pre-built so you probably wouldn't even notice the plate.

I've been onto Hotlines and sent them a picture of the mech and they have confirmed that the plate on their website is required. At a cost of £20 too which just seems absurd.

I've ordered the part now but unfortunately Hotlines aren't dispatching anything until after Christmas so I'm going to set it up as a 1x10 for the Christmas period and fit the mech in the New Year.

My first experience of building a bike up from scratch hasn't gone as well as I would have liked!
  • I bought an x9 mech which came with it. The x9 also produces a better cable rout than the shimano ones
  • I bought an x9 mech which came with it. The x9 also produces a better cable rout than the shimano ones
  • At a cost of £20 too which just seems absurd.

And £60 for a front mech isn't?
    Delete my fucking account.