Kelly / Roche lose cycling positions

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2013 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    McQuaid believes their removal from the jobs is “collateral damage” following his own ousting from office.

“It would seem that they are collateral damage to my loss, which is a pity and now Ireland has no influence in world cycling,” he added.
    Conversely, their being in those jobs under McQuaid could have been seen as cronyism ?
  • Former dopers being kicked out of UCI office....gutted.
    Never understood the double standards surrounding these two favourite sons of cycling (and I'm from Ireland)
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Conversely, their being in those jobs under McQuaid could have been seen as cronyism ?
    Nice gerund, sir.
  • Well that seems like a silly move even if neither are the sharpest tools in the box.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Wasn't Roche going on about how riders can't unzip their jerseys and all that malarky a while back. It's unsurprising that there is a bit of a clear out with the new regime.

While the recent spate of positive tests is disappointing, there is a part of me that thinks the UCI might be handling these in a more open and transparent manner.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    It's impossible to tell from that article as it's wholly Pat's view and not a reasoned explanation from the UCI.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    It's impossible to tell from that article as it's wholly Pat's view and not a reasoned explanation from the UCI.

Let's call on Cookson to published a Reasoned Decision :)
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    iainf72 wrote:

And lets face it, Pat's not bitter at all. :wink:
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    So I compared the 2012 commission members (from the latest available UCI annual report) and the new commission members. Entirely different membership. The only notable change is that both the Road and Professional Commissions now have a woman as a member. The Commissionaires Commission is suspended while it is reviewed. No obvious targeting of the Irish or Pat backers as far as I can tell
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    iainf72 wrote:
    It's probably right though. Most new Presidents (in any field) replace the old president's men with their own men.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Former dopers being kicked out of UCI office....gutted.
    Never understood the double standards surrounding these two favourite sons of cycling (and I'm from Ireland)

If you applied this logic there'd only be Bassons available pretty much.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    “Roche has a son doing well at the highest level and would therefore obviously get feedback from him as to what is going on in the peloton on a load of issues – doping, race length, transfers, rest days, race radio – all elements that Roche Snr could then bring forward to the PCC.”

Sean McQuaid needs to learn something about fairness...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Former dopers being kicked out of UCI office....gutted.

If you applied this logic there'd only be Bassons available pretty much.
    So no one has retired from cycling in the last 30 year's without a doping ban?
    This is the New whiter than white uci, how can they really crack the whip on dopers, with two on board!
    Look at the abuse Garmin and Millar get, these two jovial Irish chaps get nothing but love. Double standards.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    How can there be a genuine Truth and Reconcilliation process when some still want to hold doping transgressions against people quarter of a century later?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    How can there be a genuine Truth and Reconcilliation process when some still want to hold doping transgressions against people quarter of a century later?

Agree entirely. Especially with Roche's case never firmly being proved and Kelly's being possibly circumstantial and fairly minor in comparison to the 90s/00s excesses.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Well that seems like a silly move even if neither are the sharpest tools in the box.

What exactly are you basing this statement on?

DD.