Mont Ventoux on a Boris Bike

mtb-idle
mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
edited December 2013 in Commuting chat
http://youtu.be/HUWCeAzkc2Q

Here's an inspiring video and a great effort. The fact that they get from New Kent Road to Ventoux, ride up it and then back to New Kent Road within 24 hour is also impressive as you will know if you have ever driven to the alps (yes, I know Ventoux is even further south)
FCN = 4

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    After discussing this with another cyclist in the office and how great it was I then had to explain that 'taking a Boris up the Ventoux' wasn't a euphemism.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mtb-idle
    well thanks for replying anyway.

After 40+ views and no comments I thought I'd broken the first rule of Fight Club...
    FCN = 4
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    think i already posted it in the SCR thread this morning but anyway an effort well worth its own thread unlike the twat riding his MTB down a mountain backwards on open roads.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    A colleague sent me this yesterday, great video, and a properly mad scheme that worked :D

(now said colleague is suggesting we cycle up Mt. Ventoux next year. Hmm...)
    Misguided Idealist
  • mtb-idle
    itboffin wrote:
    think i already posted it in the SCR thread this morning but anyway an effort well worth its own thread unlike the fool riding his MTB down a mountain backwards on open roads.

~I did a search for Ventoux before posting but nothing showed up. Mind you the search engine is pretty cack on here
    FCN = 4
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Superb effort.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Donations have gone up from about £5.5k when I first saw it on the Telegraph to £7.5k in about 14hours!
  • Awesome!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    i'm a bit late to the party but i just watch the Martyn Ashton 2 video with guess star who rides down a 'mountain' backwards on his front wheel

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7178,d.ZG4

with closed roads i might add 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.