Stans & Removable valve core

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited December 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I need to put more sealant into my rear tyre. I bought the stans kit and it included the tape and the gold coloured valve.
Can I remove the core from the valve that was supplied with the Stans conversion kit and then using the small stand bottle just empty the contents through the valve ? If not then would I be better to buy an injector to refill with fresh sealant?
Thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Yes just unscrew the core and squirt in.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    benpinnick wrote:
    Yes just unscrew the core and squirt in.

Thanks Ben.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Dont buy the Stans injector its a rip off. All you need is a 60ml syringe off ebay costing about £1 and a 49p length of aquarium tubing from the pet shop.

Be careful unscrewing the valve core they can be very stiff to move first time, its quite soft metal and pliers will mark it. I used a small adjustable spanner but if you only have pliers put a bit of tape on the serrated jaws.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    benpinnick wrote:
    Yes just screw the whore and squirt in.

Is this what you meant?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: