Anyone been to Whistler bike park?

surfbodi
surfbodi Posts: 23
edited December 2013 in Holidays
Hi all. Im about to hit the big 40 next year and as a treat to myself I would really love to visit Whistler. I would just like to know if there is enough going on in the area to keep my better half and my 5yr old boy happy? Also where are the best places to stay. I gather that Whistler is about 2 hours from Vancouver so maybe would be best to stay there. I would probably not take my bike, just hire one for a day or two. I would really like to just chill and soak up the atmosphere there as it does look an amazing place.Any advice is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Depends how long you're planning on going for i suppose. Whistler itself isn't huge, but there's a few things for non-bikers, eg cable car, few spa-hotels, great walking trails etc, but not sure how long that would keep a 5yr old occupied.
    I'd say a splitting time between there and Vancouver may be a good bet.
    Can recommend getting a guide for a day/half day when you first get there - saves a lot of time working out which routes suit your ability and which are out of your league, so you can fly around feeling like a downhill god without having to stop and look at a map (or having to walk around obstacles that you'd not expected...ahem)
    Its not all downhill though, some incredible XC trials as well, so renting makes sense rather than being stuck with one bike.
    Enjoy.
  • My sister lives in Whistler. She says you will love it. She also said to stay int he village. Here is a site for both hotel and bike rentals: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-y ... llage.aspx
    Surfbodi wrote:
    Hi all. Im about to hit the big 40 next year and as a treat to myself I would really love to visit Whistler. I would just like to know if there is enough going on in the area to keep my better half and my 5yr old boy happy? Also where are the best places to stay. I gather that Whistler is about 2 hours from Vancouver so maybe would be best to stay there. I would probably not take my bike, just hire one for a day or two. I would really like to just chill and soak up the atmosphere there as it does look an amazing place.Any advice is much appreciated :)